Sponsored by:

Damaged my car on the Rally.

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2002, 05:37 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Travelling up A465 North of Neath on Thursday to shakedown a black Volks Golf span on the opposite carriageway to me. Hit the barrier backwards then launched into the air spinning around again frontwards into the barriers again. The car nearly cleared the central armco.
If it had I'd be wearing a wooden overcoat now. But I'm still here just a little pi$$ed off cos when this car span it chucked up all the large stones on the central reservation. These flew over the barriers onto my car which was going around 70mph( honest).
Got two dents in the bonnet. Two dents in front spoiler and about 15 areas ofvery large chips on the front spoiler area.

Chip.
Old 17 November 2002, 08:15 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

I've seen the shower of pebbles trick on an M6 crash during the summer. The car that got the face full had its windscreen demolished and the driver hit (had the side window down) - so he was being seen to by paramedics.
Im a little curious why pebbles are put down on the central barrier area? It may save cutting the grass and weeding but puts traffic coming the other way at risk.

Nick
Old 17 November 2002, 09:01 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

There was also a drainage ditch there as well. This made the car really dig in to the pebbles.

I was just thankful to be here after it happened but now I'm really annoyed as my Sti is only 5 months old and didnt have a mark on it before this.

Chip

[Edited by Chip - 11/17/2002 9:02:36 PM]
Old 17 November 2002, 10:29 PM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

Chip

This happened to me on the M1, but the guy had just overtaken me before he lost it big style - snaked, spun, went airborne before clearing central reservation and landing on his roof on the opposite carriageway.

My car was covered in chips and had the odd dent. Got in touch with the Police a few days later who gave me his details. Having made contact with him (with the aid of Carl from Scoobynet ) I got his insurance details and they paid up.

Result

TONY