Sponsored by:

WRX with PPP or Sti ??

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2002, 04:40 PM
LeonWells
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Currently got a MY99 Turbo, i was thinking of upgrading before it gets to old and while i can still get something for it..

Ive driven the new shaped WRX but its not as quick as mine, however the build quality / interior is way better. Ive been in a Sti and it seems quick enough with the same quality feel of the Wrx.

With the new shapes being very cheap at the mo it wouldnt cost me that much to get a pretty new one, say 6 - 12 months old, and if i fitted a PPP or equivlant to it performance should be ok.

The other option is to get a Sti (which is what id like ) but this would have to be an import and this causes probs with insurance etc

just after some opions on this, ive seen some nice looking Wrx's around, a nice spoiler and some colour coding can do wonders.. and i would prefer to get a UK model.

cheers

Leon
Old 16 November 2002, 05:18 PM
Phil Harrison
Scooby Regular

I've driven both, Leon. The wrx/ppp is very smooth,very rapid, very well mannered. But, if you like the MY'99 for the kick in the back, then I suggest you stretch to a 2/H STi if you can. Be advised - the STi is very different to drive (IMHO on account of the active diffs), and the lack of low-down torque means that every check on the brakes means you have to change down. But when it lights up, it lights up!! For me, it has more grin-factor than a PPP/WRX. And a PPP/STi - well - That'd be nice ?? Don't hold your breath!!

Phil
Phil
Old 16 November 2002, 10:15 PM
wrx bill
Scooby Regular

Location: erm erm erm well it does lots to the gallon but it aint a scoob doh
just moved out of a wrx into sti7 like you say its different & it gives u big smiles
Old 18 November 2002, 10:45 AM
LeonWells
Scooby Regular

Talking

Looks like it would have to be a WRX as insurance and car costs are a bit high for me at the mo Or i could just stick with what i have got..

I was thinking about the performance issues with WRX and wondered if i fitted a full scoobysport decat exhaust and something like a dawes device instead of the PPP what type of performance would this give? would it be comparable to my MY99...

cheers

Leon