Sponsored by:

Fog Lights??

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2001, 09:44 PM
nuclear_pond
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Just had a look on the Auto Express 'forum' and they are moaning on about fog lights again zzzzzzzz

just wondered what the views are here? Most of us will have then here. Do you use them?

Also, the guy on the AE forum was nicked for using driving lights. Police said any lights under the line of the bumper were not allowed (expet in poor visibility). How do you all get on with the driving light conversions?
Old 06 October 2001, 11:18 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I hate fog lights and think that they are totally pathetic, people who put them on are even worse. They are just for people who thinks it looks cool to drive around with just sidelights and foglights on.

in my view foglights( especially rear) should only be used in severe fog because with light fog they only make the visibility worse for other drivers. As for the people that use them in the rain

I replaced my fogs with HID's and for those who wish to blind me get blinded back........but with brighter lights

rant, rant ,rant................calm now

there's my view anyway
scott
Old 06 October 2001, 11:44 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yeah,

I`m with Scott on this 1 the amount of ***** that drive round in saxos, xantias and vectras to name but a few with fog / driving lamps switched on is outta control wot is it "i`ve got fog / drivin lamps an i`m gonna use them" duh. Tend 2 give em a blast of the morrettes on beam (xenon bulbs fitted), so they can see wot lights should look like

The only thing as bad as inappropriate use of fogs is the brigade that dunno wot a handbrake is 4 u know the sort, its rainin, u pull up 2 a set of lights an the person up front is sitting with their foot on the brake pedal blinding u Do they do it deliberately ? Do they like gettin blasted with nuff light to illuminate a football stadium ?

Rant over 4 me as well... oh boy i needed that

Pete
Old 07 October 2001, 12:01 AM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Question

Chelle,

Which bit u havin probs with ?

Pete
Old 07 October 2001, 05:29 AM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by teknopete:
<B>Yeah,

I`m with Scott on this 1 the amount of ***** that drive round in saxos, xantias and vectras to name but a few with fog / driving lamps switched on is outta control wot is it "i`ve got fog / drivin lamps an i`m gonna use them" duh. Tend 2 give em a blast of the morrettes on beam (xenon bulbs fitted), so they can see wot lights should look like

The only thing as bad as inappropriate use of fogs is the brigade that dunno wot a handbrake is 4 u know the sort, its rainin, u pull up 2 a set of lights an the person up front is sitting with their foot on the brake pedal blinding u Do they do it deliberately ? Do they like gettin blasted with nuff light to illuminate a football stadium ?

Rant over 4 me as well... oh boy i needed that

Pete[/quote]

Pete my dear,

Bit off topic, but could you give me some advice on fitting morrettes to an MY94?

Cheers,

Michelle.
Old 07 October 2001, 12:43 PM
D
Scooby Regular

Mostly agree.

But I have been known to use them in Forests etc at night. Certaintly do help the view of the road, and not just the bleedin' trees.

Flicked them off along with Full headers at the sight of another car though.

It's not when you use them, but how courteous you are, surely?