Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why ?

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2001, 09:35 AM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My heavily pregnant wife and I decided to go for a small cruise last night to chill out after a busy week. Theres me driving at 60 (in a 60) along a straight very quiet road when a car catches us up and rather than overtaking he decides to see if he can touch my rear bumper, did I ask for this **** ? I started slowing down until I'm doing 25 (in a 60) and he just sits attached to my bumper. After a mile the dual carriage is about to begin and we both get stopped at traffic lights, he pulls along side (neither he or the two passengers are willing to look across at me, at this point I am losing all sense of morality fuming about his driving and the fact an emergency stop could result in him going in the back of me and potentially killing my unborn child.

I cannot believe the driver was in their mid 30's and in a BMW 328 (v.good condition).

This email is for the dosey tw@t driver, I hope you have the good sense to never procreate and give civilization a fair chance.
Old 06 October 2001, 09:45 AM
Crapaud62
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

When this happens the best thing is just to completely stop and let them get well ahead of you.

1. You can see where they are.
2. No chance of them tailgating you.
3. It allows you to calm down and concentrate on your driving.

Just pretend that you have received a phone call and pull in.

The safest solution