Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

New forum for Vauxhall owners????????????

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2001, 12:09 AM
andrew6321
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Funny how it seems to be cars that breed this sort of tribal stupidity. And football...

Are there any clinical psychologists on this bbs? - they could have a field day with this lot....

Andrew
Old 04 October 2001, 11:59 AM
RAver
Scooby Regular

Wink

It looks like a new forum is needed for discussions between all the Vauxhall guys using the bbs??

Q: Has someone somewhere wound them up on the public highway perchance??

I for one have found most genuine petrol heads to be decent regardless of the car they own/mod/race..

Comments/stories would be appreciated..

edited to add: re: Jason's post, there will always be those d1ckheads, but I don't think they are "petrolheads"

[This message has been edited by RAver (edited 04 October 2001).]
Old 04 October 2001, 02:48 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Or a nightmare, depending on his point of view.
astraboy.
Old 04 October 2001, 04:25 PM
Tim_P
Scooby Regular

Wink

Not sure any Vauxhall driver including myself would turn down a good import spec scooby. There is both a P1 and a 22B in colchester near me and they look the nads. There are also few things better than a Scooby on full chat, they do sound sooo nice.

However the biggest problem here comes with the age gap. Most of you scooby owners are not under 25. If you are then you are fortunate enough to be able to afford something like an Impreza. Fair play.

Most Vauxhall owners that have posted on here are from the school of spanners and DIY car enthusiasm. With not very much money it is possible to get very good performance from older cars.

The Astra GTE 16v is a very fast car as standard and that deserves respect. The fact that I have just bought an F-plate mint example for £950 is also a very hard plus point to ignore.

These cars are older and are often followed by many older car problems but their appeal doesn't ever die. However they will always be the realistic poster boy of generations below you. I am 23 and currently unemployed. I only finished uni 4 months ago but if I had found a job by now I don't doubt I'd have something newer and perhaps japanese but that's neither here or there.

You (Scooby, Evo etc owners)are often the target of our brags, slating and enjoyment purely because Imprezas are in some cirlces at the top of the food chain; and whilst GTE's still dish out whoopings to RS Turbos, Golf GTi's and the like any measure of 'success' against a Scoob or Mitsubishi will always be fodda for the banter you're been subjected to since 451 newbies invaded your serene board.

Just take comfort that most of the harcore Vauxhall drivers from our clan will one day be where you are now.

'Everybody wants to know what's in the big dog's bowl.

It's just nature's way.

[This message has been edited by Tim_P (edited 04 October 2001).]
Old 04 October 2001, 04:39 PM
krankyd
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Tim_P:
Most Vauxhall owners that have posted on here are from the school of spanners<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey - you said it, not me!

I'm only 25, I bought my impreza when I was 24, and the insurance is a real bi*ch, but hey I wanted the car so I spent the money.

dosen't make much of a differance, I might be selling to scooby to contract in the world of autobahn's, sausages and birds with hairy pits (germany!)

Old 04 October 2001, 04:40 PM
0ddball
Scooby Newbie

amen brother
Old 04 October 2001, 04:44 PM
Tim_P
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

KrappyD, your quote seems to have cut off a vital part of my wording.

How did that happen?

Good eye though, shame you're new vocation will have you haunted by Opels everywhere you go.

Kommt meine bratwurst essen freund.
Old 04 October 2001, 04:47 PM
0ddball
Scooby Newbie

i think thwey are all just a little scared that a 11 year old astra might snap at their heels, ey ? specially one pushing 200bhp of normal aspiration ey ?
Old 04 October 2001, 04:53 PM
Tim_P
Scooby Regular

Wink

Yeah Mike's and Gary's car and of course yours when you get Mr.Jenvey in there are all capable of beating many things.

However, that is hardcore modding at it's finest. Most people with Scoobies probably wouldnt mod their car to the extent the aforementioned astra drivers would. It's like cutting holes for a set of 6x9's in the rear of a CLK, you just don't wanna do it!

Still there has to be more sense of achievement in keeping the Scooby boys and girls at bay.

I think it's the 'what the F*ck was in that old astra/nova?' factor people love.
Old 04 October 2001, 04:57 PM
krankyd
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

yeah, again...

look for the thread of the screaming jaffa - lol!

if you guys could sup up a 4 poster bed, you probally would as well...

I just take my cars like my women - straight up, no mods ( althought I do quite fancy a rear silencer now and again )

Old 04 October 2001, 04:59 PM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

Wink

YAWN.
Old 04 October 2001, 05:34 PM
Rodger Rabbit
Scooby Newbie

Another vauxhall thread..over on the RS site some Nova idiot has posted Nova's V RST's GET A LIFE!!! has vauxhall not got a BB or something? Quote from above "and whilst GTE's still dish out whoopings to RS Turbos, Golf GTi's and the like" - YOU SAD IMMATURE FOOL! Does your GTE work in a soup kitchen, what "whoopings" does it dish out? Lental, tomato? The Astra may deserve respect but the idiots that come on here & the RS site saying mine is faster than yours DO NOT! TO MUPPET LAND WITH THIS THREAD PLEASE!
Old 05 October 2001, 08:21 AM
krankyd
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

for fu**s sake kiddy boys,

grow up!

when you have eventually passed puberty you might not have the inclination to go comparing 'mine is bigger that yours'

the simple fact that you post troll and then get offensive when people post reply's prove's the level of immaturity that you seem to be suffering from.

When you buy an expensive car that is quite fast you tend to fail to see the point in racing *whatever* that passes you doing 130miles an hour.. probally caus you are having too much fun driving about in your new car to notice anyone!

I really do think that the topspeed posts are a bit too "top trumps". No-one's ever gonna win cause your *** will be in jail racing at 150mph...

`ok - my car has 0-60 in 4.5 secs`
`ha! mine has 4.4 secs ! I win`
`damn. why can't lotus make faster cars - doh!`

Old 05 October 2001, 08:47 AM
RAver
Scooby Regular

Wink

Yeeeeh...

Keep it goin' lads
Old 05 October 2001, 12:30 PM
Tim_P
Scooby Regular

Rodgers Rabbits don't **** me off. I was being nice to your rice burning, clutch burning community but that was uncalled for. I was actually trying to keep the peace. Think you have forced my hand now. Might slap on a set of throttle bodies and see how sad and immature I am then when I'm kicking your 'poor man's P1' bulbous rear end!
Old 05 October 2001, 12:53 PM
PeteG
Scooby Newbie

I'm sorry Rodger, but are you trying to tell me that you lot don't race other motors out on the road( okay so maybe 'you' don't)? I've heard plenty of stories and and seen it out on the road, to say otherwise. Bet you still go and see your mates, telling them how you beat a 911 today on your way home!!