Scooby vs. Truck

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2002, 08:41 AM
swan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'ello all,

No guessing who won this encounter...

Well it looks like my truck is somewhat of a crash magnet this month!

2kms (1.5 miles for you furriners!) from handing the truck over to my other driver here in Sunny Wagga Wagga and just cruising along at 80kmh (50mph) I noticed a little white Sabaru coming in from the on ramp to join the traffic, unfortunately she joined it in a way not advised in all the good road rule books. It seems she figured that she was going south when she really wanted to go north, so what does she do? yup, try to turn across the traffic (including the double lines).

Unfortunately for her I was in the way when she tried to do the 'U' turn!

After attacking the drive wheels on the prime mover, she then proceeded to leave her right mudguard on my first trailer along with some radiator hoses, then she bounced along the side of both trailers and attacked the rear trailer's wheels breaking a spring on the first of the tri-axles (these springs are 1/2 inch thick!) with the rear of her car.

Amazingly when I finally stopped and went back both the driver and her passenger were fine! and according to other drivers who had stopped had said that , yes she saw me and yes, she was trying to do a 'U' turn !!
For pics have a look at Cartoday