Sponsored by:

STi 7 PPP How many still waiting?

Search this Thread

Old 11 November 2002, 11:29 PM
scoobycar60
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Still waiting for my PPP kit from Adams in Aylesbury, they have no idea when it may appear. I wonder how many others are in the same boat.
It is becoming a bit of a wind up at the moment reading all the threads about it. Beginning to feel like a second class owner, totally pi55ed off by the long wait and lack of availability or even a delivery date. Oh well they say patience is a virtue.
Anyone shed any light on when I am likely to see it....Mike maybe you could enlighten me as to what the general state of play is.Before Christmas hopefully?
Worse than having an itch you cant scratch
Old 11 November 2002, 11:44 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Unhappy

If I recall, The delay is down to 2 things
Firstly the demand has exceeded everything that Prodrive expected.
E.g My local dealer sold 15 STI's last year, only 1 of them does'nt want a PPP. Pre launch there was about 100 PPP's on order. Now the waiting list is up to 500.

Secondly dealers have to return ECU's to prodrive for modification. If they are slow in doing so, then it bogs the whole process down. Therefore kick your dealers to get those ECU's in quick.
Old 12 November 2002, 12:40 AM
WJW
Scooby Regular

Question

Let's work out how fast the queue is moving and where abouts you (and others) may be in the system (assuming this is the way IM operate).

I placed my order on the 11th June 2002, and I haven't heard anything yet.

I know that some owners on here have had their's fitted from placing their order in April 2002.

Anyone else?
Old 12 November 2002, 01:11 AM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

ECU's?? they have to send the ones you have on the car?
Old 12 November 2002, 06:58 AM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Cancelled mine about three weeks ago. Decided that by the time I got it I would be bored of the car
So no more frustration for me.
Jas
Old 12 November 2002, 07:00 AM
Scooby Regular

Still waiting. Been told it will be in the next couple of weeks.

Nils
Old 12 November 2002, 07:01 AM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Yes HK Subaru they keep your standard ECU and the dealer sends it back to prodrive to be modded, so its an exchange item. No more "the old one's in the boot sir"

Jas
Old 12 November 2002, 08:20 AM
YorkshireSimon
Scooby Regular

Question

If the issue with lead time is confined to the ECU switch rounnd/reprogramming, then how about offering a faster turnaround service to owners who are prepared to have their own ECU's sent to Prodrive and wait for its return. I know that most people wouldn't be able to cope without the car on the road, but mine generally sits at home all week, and there are weekends when it doesn't make an appearance either.

just a thought, not wanting to queue jump, but on the same note, i'd rather have it installed this side of Xmas, and NOT that side of Valentines Day!!!

YorkshireSimon
Old 12 November 2002, 08:44 AM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Wink

YorkshireSimon, i enquired about this but was turned down, now have to resort to regular phone calls to the dealer to try and speed things up as my delivery is next February!!

simon
Old 12 November 2002, 11:30 AM
MARK MORRIS
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

i ordered mine on the 30 th september, was told it would be jan/feb when i have it, im thinking of going for the milltek exhaust sold by litchfields instead
mark
Old 12 November 2002, 12:26 PM
YorkshireSimon
Scooby Regular

PCB, when did you order yours incidently. Mine was only ordered about a month ago, around the 15th October. My dealer told me 12 weeks then, but haven't had any other updates since.

I wonder, if I ring them up today and ask how long, they will probably say 12 weeks still....

Oh well, gives em a few months to save some pennies to pay the Visa bill off sooner...

Cheers

YorkshireSimon (2 days to freezing my t1ts off in Wales.... )
Old 12 November 2002, 06:56 PM
Big Goon
Scooby Regular

12 weeks, after placing order mid October, decided to go with PPP to keep my 4 year warranty.

I'm happy to wait, got other things to waste 2k on
Old 12 November 2002, 08:18 PM
towzer
Scooby Regular

ordered one today and told 8-12 weeks... sounds like a stock answer, but from what people are posting I'm not expecting it until Feb/Mar.

Only good thing is that the dealer ordered it for me without asking for a deposit, I'll only be asked for cash when it's fitted.

Phil
Old 12 November 2002, 08:48 PM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Cool

YorkshireSimon, i ordered mine 3 weeks ago so at about the same time as you, was told then 17 weeks, still hoping for a miracle though.

Simon
Old 13 November 2002, 11:38 PM
YorkshireSimon
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

17 weeks, bu66er....

Hope not, but like everyone else here, not holding my breath and fully expecting it to be after the MY03 STi is launched, with it's more efficient turbo and better exhaust flowing system, great eh....

Cheers

Simon
Old 13 November 2002, 11:49 PM
Big Goon
Scooby Regular

STi's are common as muck, everyone on here has one
Old 14 November 2002, 01:14 AM
AlanS
Scooby Regular

I'm no expert, but I am suprised that some opportunist/rival company hasn't taken advantage of Prodrive's inability to serve it's customers and copied their remapped ECU. Evening offering it to you all at a cheaper price including a copied exhaust mod(£2000 is a rip-off.

I get the impression from this board that your all queing at the bar but there's no-one to serve you... how long can you go without your pint before you nip next door?
Old 14 November 2002, 08:17 AM
scoobycar60
Scooby Regular

I agree with you AlanS but to keep your theme going if you want to keep your warranty intact they are the only bar in town and they have us over a barrel.
One could also go on to say the beer is overpriced and slightly watered down by some accounts compared with some other brands not served here.
The service is slow on an epic scale.I suspect a few will move to illegal drinking houses bored of the wait.
When it is time to renew my membership I might well move to another town where the pub has beer that is available right away and it is stronger.
If there was another bar in town providing serious competition I am sure the service would improve.

4 months wait now is total pants IMHO there is no excuse for this, just pathetic management of supply and demand, if the ECU issue is causing the delay then FFS get some more, if demand is 5 times what you expected then get 5 times as many spare ECU,s you must have budgeted a ratio of spare ECU's based on your expected demand.
If I treated my customers in this fashion I would be out of business in weeks rather than months.
Rant off
Still waiting to be impressed by the PPP on order at Adams in Aylesbury.
Hint. When I get it I will stop moaning I promise.
Old 14 November 2002, 08:21 AM
dave-h
Scooby Regular

I am still waiting been told will be a least another 14 weeks.
on an up there could be a chance that prodrive will start fitting ppp to help clear the backlog they are waiting for subaru uk to give the go ahead, if you have orderd ppp and been waiting along time and willing to drive to prodrive`s factory(Banbury ?) go to your dealer and get them to do the phoning as it must been done through your dealer, may get things moving
Old 14 November 2002, 08:36 AM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

Well it looks like one of the "illegal drinking houses" are going to be employed by "Prodrive Breweries plc" () very shortly (but for the MY03&gt so things should improve.....

Quote from this thread, "Just to let you know Prodrive have employed ECUTEK to write the ECU software for both the new PPP's.

The cars arrrive at there workshop (PE) sometime over the next week for evaluation to begin."

indeed

Ta,

Matt
Old 14 November 2002, 11:57 AM
AlanS
Scooby Regular

it's no good shutting the gate when the horse has bolted...
Old 14 November 2002, 12:27 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

ROTFLMAO at Scoobycar60

"Just to let you know Prodrive have employed ECUTEK to write the ECU software for both the new PPP's
I have known this for a while but it was meant to be a secret until Messers Done and Power returned from the US.

can=new
status=open
worms=everywhere
Old 14 November 2002, 05:49 PM
Phil Harrison
Scooby Regular

Let's just check this... the ECU rewrite is for '03 is it Pete - i.e. not a problem in the STi7(UK) supply Chain? Bit misleading to have it pop up on this thread, therefore.

Which takes me back to the Thread title.... Are the PPPs coming through at a reasonable rate?? There weren't masses of replies saying "got mine" My Dealer hasn't seen a single one yet (I know, 'cos I'm no 1 on his list) from all of which, it seems they're coming through extremely slowly!

Like many others, I was (reluctantly) content to wait for Prodrive to do the development properly: I'm NOT content for there to be insufficient ECU's to meet the demand, and now very unhappy at the delay.

Phil
Old 14 November 2002, 07:47 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Wink

Pete

I have known this for a while but it was meant to be a secret until Messers Done and Power returned from the US
I think you meant Messrs LOL
Old 14 November 2002, 08:18 PM
MARK MORRIS
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

my dealer told me this week that they had done 4
mark
Old 14 November 2002, 10:15 PM
V5-APS
Scooby Regular

My dealer told me that there are 124 people on the waiting list....don't know about that though!!