V-techland
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well at least your ok

[Edited by V-techland - 11/7/2002 2:21:54 PM]
Old 07 November 2002, 01:31 PM
STE.W.
Scooby Regular

Location: from the planet Omicron Persei 8. What is this emotion "Wuv" you puny Earthlings speak of ??
Wink

Nearly lost my car big time last night.

Wet surface, leaves, mud, trees etc etc.

Turned in, wasnt goin that fast.

The car went 90 degrees to where I had come from.

Finished up between two parked cars!!

Got out and went shopping.

When we came out, we couldnt remeber which car park we were in.
Five minutes later found her in yellow bay 6 silly me.:

SERIOUSLY THOUGH...

The latest trend seems to be bragging about near death missions like "I nearly wrote off a bus load of kids on a 90left just after a hump back @ 120"

Either you people have money to burn or you think that 2mm thick steel panels will stop a 300 year old tree from pinning you and your passenger together cos you brayed into it at warp factor 10!

Then you blame it on a greasy hedgehog turd on the apex or something!

Dont get me wrong I dont use a push bike as my main form of transport and make lerv to trees or owt.

I drive my car as fast as the road and conditions will permit.

I live out int stick and the moorland roads have all the right ingredients for sprited entertainment close to the limits but not over them.

I'm no racing instructor but can drive well enough to understand the limitations when driving quickly.

I've grown up in and around fast cars and country lanes and the ability to drive quickly but safely has come over this period of time.

IMO if you live in congested areas and jump straight into any powerful car without the knowledge - trouble is not far away.
As soon as the open road appears in front of you - its foot to the floor and "$hit I didnt take into account that corner with a cyclist just out of site" etc etc etc.

Get yourselves on these driving courses and spend a couple of hundred pounds driving the car in a safe but exciting way on a circuit with instructors before you spend any more on power mods.

Learn your car and your limits before they teach you a lesson you wont forget.

All thats gonna happen is - insurance will sky rocket and every time you fire your car up a copper will be waiting or neighbour will be tarring you with the same brush.

Astra GTE's and Saph Cossie drivers were all classed as hooligans a few years ago because inexperienced drivers kept paggering themselves off the roads.

Rant over with - Sorry.

Nomex gear on and ready for a grillin.

STE.

[Edited by STE.W. - 11/7/2002 1:43:37 PM]

[Edited by STE.W. - 11/7/2002 3:29:21 PM]
Old 07 November 2002, 01:43 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

The latest trend seems to be bragging about near death missions
I haven't seen anyone brag about a near miss!!
Old 07 November 2002, 01:43 PM
Corpulent Tosser
Scooby Regular

Question

Old 07 November 2002, 01:50 PM
Stuart J
Scooby Regular

Perhaps they should all spend a few years on Bikes.
It teaches you to read the road, treat every other road user as a potential accident waiting to happen & you learn that famous old saying "It may not be your fault but it still F'ing hurts
Old 07 November 2002, 02:13 PM
STE.W.
Scooby Regular

Location: from the planet Omicron Persei 8. What is this emotion "Wuv" you puny Earthlings speak of ??
Wink

Saxoboy.

This wasnt meant to be a dig at you personaly or any one for that matter.

Believe it or not I was actually going to mention you in my first post. I think youve had enough sticks poked at you over the last few days. I dont agree with pushing you into a corner and watching you squirm around at all.

If you need to answer your questions about surge and the like, I dont have a problem with you getting to the bottom of it.

I would be interested to hear the results.

The point I was trying to make in my own special way is the "general" posts have gone from "just raced a ....." to "wiped out me mota ..." etc etc.

Whats going to be next? "just killed me girlfreind, rolled 6 times off an embankment...." post.

Freedom of speech is cool but don't you think this is getting a bit dodgy.

Bloody hell - I've started ranting again.

I'm not having a go Saxo - I asure you.

One thing is for sure - you know how to get a good turnout on your posts!

Maybe you should be the official topic starter when things get a bit dull in Scooby land.:

STE.W.

Old 07 November 2002, 02:21 PM
STE.W.
Scooby Regular

V-tech.

Naa not me mate, I live up north lad.

Cant afford a P1 in the next 10 yrs and
it would be a tad controversial if it was me. (After posting about the way scoobynetters are driving!!)

STE.W.
Old 07 November 2002, 02:21 PM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

Stuart J,

If everyone even had just 3 or 4 lessons on a 125 their car driving would improve dramatically. I noticed my driving was far safer and i was far more aware of my surroundings after i started riding bikes.

If i've been away from bikes for any length of time i find that i get lazy and don't read my surroundings as well as i should. A few hours on a bike again and i'm back to being far more aware.
Old 07 November 2002, 02:23 PM
front spliter
Scooby Regular

what makes you think the same cant happen to you ? all iv got from your post, is that you think you can handle the unexpected ,because you have grown up around fast cars & muddy lanes & so it stands to reason that your able to take your car to near its limits .do you really think that these guys who have posted about their near misses got into their cars pushed & them to the limit when they knew full well that they coudnt handle it, of course not .they thought that they new it all just like you. we all make mistakes, some of us get the chance to learn from them some dont .
Old 07 November 2002, 02:24 PM
V-techland
Scooby Regular

Well at least your ok, me the dumbass changed my original message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07 November 2002, 02:48 PM
Mr evolution
Scooby Regular

Sorry but **** can does and always will happen since this is a car bulletin board it is not surprising that people post on here when interesting events happen while they are in their cars and then leave it open for discussion. Don't like don't read.
Old 07 November 2002, 02:49 PM
STE.W.
Scooby Regular

Front splitter,

I dont think I'm invulnerable for one minute.

Yes I drive a car quick and yes it could happen to me.

Thats why they are classed as accidents and are not done deliberately.

Trackdays and instruction are the best ways of learning your car and letting off steam.

The roads are becoming more and more congested so the risk of an accident happening due to speed is increasing all the time.

I am fortunate that the traffic up here isnt as bad as down south.

If I didnt find speed thriling, I wouldnt drive a Subaru but as I have already said its matching the ability of the car and driver to the surrounding condiditions. If I didnt know this I would have had an accident a long time ago.

I dont think its just down to luck either.

I'm not trying to be fat headed or arrogant. The simple fact is some can and some can't!

STE.W.

Old 07 November 2002, 02:50 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

Yeh this fuel surge problem is lethal....
Old 07 November 2002, 02:57 PM
STE.W.
Scooby Regular

Wink

Turboman.

NOOOOOOOOO NOT AGAIN.:
Old 07 November 2002, 03:01 PM
STE.W.
Scooby Regular

V-tech,

sorry for the delay, been spending too much time fending off hostiles.:

Yeah, your right mate, another couple of minutes and someone would have been in that space. Would have had to find another one, god knows what could have happened.:

STE.W.