Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Urgent help with clutch prob

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2001, 12:42 AM
BHORT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had exactly the same problem on my MY99 last year was sorted by my dealer. It is a while ago but I think he said that the push rod was adjusted and greased if that makes sense. No problem since then.

Brendan
Old 28 September 2001, 11:54 AM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Posted this in the Tech/Miscellaneous but I'm off to my dealer at lunch so was after thoughts/help before then.....

When lifting off my clutch pedal, there is an audible click (which I think is the spring). Is this normal, can it be cured?

Occasionally when depressing the clutch, there is a definite clunk, fed back through the pedal. This feels like it is part of the pedal catching on something else, almost like two pieces of metal slightly out of line so that when they pass, they just catch.

Mentioned it to dealer at last service and they couldn't find any problem and greased the pedal up. As it is intermittent, I can't just pop down and say 'fix this'. Anybody got any ideas what it could be?

I want to go to the dealers armed with something for them to look at. Failing that, I'm over at TSL in a weeks time, so hopefully, they might be able to at least diagnose it for me.

It's a MY00 with less than 10k on the clock, and my mate's which is a year older doesn't have any of the above symptoms.

Thanks for any help you can give

Old 28 September 2001, 01:32 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Smile

Cheers Brendan,

Just got back from dealer. They've greased it up again (missus) and it <I>seems</I> better. Will see over time it makes a difference.

They said if I get it again then they will replace all the bushes, and as it never did it on the way back, I'm quite happy....well very seeing as though it's a nice day and my exhaust let out a nice couple of pops on the way back