Sponsored by:

MY01 PPP Fitted!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2001, 12:50 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jza,
Glad you got the PPP fitted its like the MY00's its very smooth and you dont know exactly how quick it is but the power delivery is just soooooooo good and 5th gear blipping of the throttle will keep you happy for a while
As for the quick shift...
suppose its like the MY99/00, there isnt much need for it and the improvement is minimal, now the next thing youve got to do is upgrade the brakes i reccommend the Brembo 4pots, feels a little different down low but high up the bite is much better

Tony
Old 15 September 2001, 08:44 AM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Got a PPP and quickshift fitted yesterday after 10 months waiting.

Have to say im pleased with the results so far (albeit a run through town in the rush hour hardly constitutes a proper test)

Sounds amazing. Really deep and "head turning" without being totally mad. Scared the cats so must be good!!

Power definately awesome - now 1.1 bar and pulls a lot harder low down. Didnt get to really run her properly but there seems to be a marked rush a 4500 revs where the engine and exhaust seem to change note and really "scream"!!! Overall impression is that the power is seemingly linear - there isnt a sudden rush. So the speed is deceptive. Takes very little effort and drama to get the thing doing Jail sentance speeds!!

Cant stop blipping the throttle cause it sounds wicked. People look in their mirrors wondering what the noise is.

Quickshift. Cant say its that much difference - not as pronounced in the MY01 as the difference on the mk1 car. I'd put my money elsewhere if i had the choice over again.

More to follow when i get the chance to go for a run (brother wedding this weekend!!!)

So far i can almost forgive IM/Prodrive for the farse its taken to get the damn thing fitted in the first place (but not totally )

Jza
Old 15 September 2001, 10:39 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Talking

JZA

Welcolme to MY01PPP

Wouldn't mind your thoughts on wether you think the brakes NOW need upgrading

Or is it just me

Phil
MY01PPP
Old 15 September 2001, 10:58 AM
RussP
Scooby Regular

Talking

Jza

Brilliant! Now maybe we can get some peace and quiet round here!

Rus
Old 15 September 2001, 11:30 AM
Kev S
Scooby Regular

Cool

JZA

I've been waiting 5 months, but still thought it would never happen. I made sure I was first in the queue at my dealers. Having mine fitted next Saturday. Can't wait, now I've listened to your report.

Kev S
Old 15 September 2001, 03:25 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Ahhhgh... I can't wait any longer.

Think I'm going to get drunk for the rest of the weekend, roll on Monday.

Old 15 September 2001, 04:41 PM
simonma
Scooby Regular

I'm away for the next two weeks. Once I'm back I'd appreciate it if I could have look.

Glad you are happy with it.

Si

Old 16 September 2001, 08:16 PM
DT
Scooby Regular

Jza,
Fit the Momo gearknob in Halfords - the half leather, half aluminium one with a centre that matches your wheel. (£44) it really transforms the quickshift. The origional **** is long and fixed at the bottom, with the momo the shaft goes to the top of the ball (ooh er!) thus shortening the shift further.

Old 16 September 2001, 09:22 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

or saw the shift off an inch then fit the momo- even better

Tiggs
Old 16 September 2001, 09:48 PM
MarkWRX
Scooby Regular

DT,
I was looking at those in Halfords, is it simple to fit?, just screw in (ooh err!) etc (forgive my ignorance )
Mark
Old 16 September 2001, 09:54 PM
MarkWRX
Scooby Regular

Should have mentioned I had my quickshift fitted on Saturday, but it looks like it's coming off again
The dealer told me AFTER it was fitted, that my Barrier Deadlock would no longer work. I only had this fitted 2 weeks ago and it cost me over £300!!!(which they arranged to be fitted for me )
OK, so in hindsight maybe I should have thought of this myself, but its not really my job to do so.
If they cant sort it out its coming off, as security comes first, especially as Ive already paid for it.
I'm not too upset, as the quickshift feels better, but the difference is not great.

[This message has been edited by MarkWRX (edited 16 September 2001).]
Old 16 September 2001, 10:12 PM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

MarkWRX,
i have the same **** as DT takes no more than a couple of minutes to fit, has 3 allen key grub screws that tighten around the shaft then screw in shroud covers these.

simon.
Old 17 September 2001, 12:03 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Just got off the phone with my Insurance company - NFU - a whopping great £15.00 to add the PPP. That's for 6 months. Group 20b now.

Old 17 September 2001, 09:42 AM
BobaFett
Scooby Regular

I was wondering how much the PPP cost?

Has it affected your insurance premium?

Cheers
Old 17 September 2001, 10:38 AM
Jza
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by BobaFett:
<B>I was wondering how much the PPP cost?

Has it affected your insurance premium?

Cheers[/quote]

£1600 and dont ask

Had a good run yesterday and i can only say wow!!

The car just pulls and pulls - 3rd gear feels like 2nd did, but the most impressive gear has to be 5th, which was a bit crap pre ppp. Now you floor it and you can actually feel the car pulling hard.

Also, it carries on pulling to the red line - no drop off in power.

It enables you to drive lazilly as well - there torque kicks in lower down so you arent chaging gear all the while. Stick it in 4th and your laughing.

All in all i have to say anyone thinking of buying an MY01/2 or a UK300 should budget for the PPP - it really transforms the car. Sounds great too!!!

Your all dead right about the breaks by the way - they will be on the upgrade list without a doubt.

Jza
Old 17 September 2001, 10:54 AM
orbv
Scooby Regular

What difference does it make to the insurance?
Old 17 September 2001, 11:41 AM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

Jza,

Can the MY01 PPP ECU be mapped to run on LPG ?

Cheers Phill C
Old 17 September 2001, 01:11 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face

Group 20B?!!
What you driving a ferrari
Mine boosted me up to group 18 from group 17 (MY00 with PPP) but then again i paid an extra 111 quid for the honour of having the PPP fitted but it makes a difference

Tony
Old 17 September 2001, 06:26 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

The group does seem a little over the top, anyhow the PPP is now on, the back box looks and sounds wonderfull, just got to finish work and head out of town to try higher than 2nd gear.
Old 17 September 2001, 11:10 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Post Prodrive and one good run and it's a completely different car, much of the fun of my MY98 has returned. It now demands a whole lot of respect from my right foot. Can't wait to get back in it.

It's now a car that could easily scare me.
Old 18 September 2001, 09:24 AM
Jza
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by babber:
<B>Jza,

Can the MY01 PPP ECU be mapped to run on LPG ?

Cheers Phill C[/quote]

LOL@Phill - yep - im sure that Prodrive will look into it for you mate

Jza
Old 18 September 2001, 11:40 AM
RichieB
Scooby Regular

Jza...

If you're having a longer run this weekend...could you let us know what the cruising noise level is like, compared to pre-PPP? That's one thing I really appreciate about the 01 over the old model, its quietness at speed. If the PPP is intrusive, I'd really think twice about having it done. I'd rather have a faily quick car that's also a pleasure to drive distances, rather than a hot rod that pisses me off after an hour on the M-way. There's a controversial point for you.

Thanks,

Rich
Old 18 September 2001, 11:50 AM
Jza
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by RichieB:
<B>Jza...

If you're having a longer run this weekend...could you let us know what the cruising noise level is like, compared to pre-PPP? That's one thing I really appreciate about the 01 over the old model, its quietness at speed. If the PPP is intrusive, I'd really think twice about having it done. I'd rather have a faily quick car that's also a pleasure to drive distances, rather than a hot rod that pisses me off after an hour on the M-way. There's a controversial point for you.

Thanks,

Rich[/quote]

Richie,

I did about 15 miles on the motorway.

Its not intrusive - you can hear more of a burble but its a low note so its doesnt get on your nerves. At 70-85mph its not really pulling hard so you dont get the noise - but it DOES roar a lot more it you floor it - then you can hear it a lot more.

Like you i have to commute - but the PPP isnt at all annoying. It only sounds boy racer when you are really going for it - and if you are you will notice a big difference - but in a good way. Other times it just sounds wicked deeper!!

If your worried why not come to a meet and there are bound to be PPP'd MY01/UK300's you can have a go in!!

PS You cant hear it over the stereo!!

Jza
Old 18 September 2001, 01:40 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Talking

Noise Level

I have to say that ,whilst not having driven a MY00 or earlier, I thought when I had the PPP fitted the noise was a little intrusive( I Know I am a complete wuss)

However I found a company BJ Acoustics who are sound proofing the car for £300 (engine ,floor pans, boot, under rear seats and doors)

I will let you know after 26th how much it improves it

Phil
Old 18 September 2001, 03:21 PM
GregD
Scooby Regular

Anyone recommend an exhaust upgrade for an otherwise unmolested MY00? Do Prodrive still offer MY00 performance parts through the dealer network? How do they compare to, say, what Scoobysport offer? How much money am I looking at here?? I know not what I'm talking about here, obviously!
Old 18 September 2001, 03:37 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do a search. Some dealers will fit Prodrive Performance Pack for you around £1500+vat. Makes a huge difference on MY00 too. Esp when you then add induction and downpipe Unbelievably quick.
Old 18 September 2001, 04:13 PM
GregD
Scooby Regular

Cheers John, I'm just a lazy sod!
Old 22 September 2001, 12:10 PM
haynesaj
Scooby Regular

Smile

Had the PPP (MY01) fitted on Wednesday....wow! Its totally transformed the car. I'd love to see some proper performance comparisons against the standard car.

Every gear now seems to have inherited the power of the gear below...and then some. No longer need to change down to 4th to boot it on the Motorway. Can stay in 2nd or 3rd gear for longer without having to change down. Exhaust note is comparable to WRsport backbox that I had before
Old 24 September 2001, 02:07 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

I still cant believe its the same car!!! Still smiling when i boot it in 3rd!!

Wow!!

Now it does some serious stink!!

Jza
Old 24 September 2001, 03:14 PM
dteagles
Scooby Regular

Me too!

Darren.

Quick Reply: MY01 PPP Fitted!!!!