Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Debadging

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2002, 01:10 PM
stanmo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody care to comment how useful this might be in attracting less attention to your car ?

I know that most people can spot a Prodrived STI 7 Type UK from the rear wing, but how many would recognise the standard Type UK
if it had no rear/front/side badges/stickers, silver wheels, filled in driving/fog lights rather than STI blanking plates and therefore nothing which actually said STI ?

Could it pass as a tarted up sport with intercooler scoop ? Or would the gold brembos give it away ?
Old 28 October 2002, 05:11 PM
scoobyslut
Scooby Regular

Depends on why you are trying to hide its identity. If merely for lack of attention from car theives,well, its a case of, if its the colour they have been asked for, then "its theirs". If purely just to deter "onlookers", nice try.
Tend to find these days, if its the car they want, no matter how or what you do,barring from carrying a machine gun, what chance do you stand, when they even bump into the back of your car, causing you to stop, wait till you get out, then they pounce, so now they have a car with keys!!
If it makes you too paranoid, then , sorry, buy another car, dont spoil your car for the sake of idiots....
Old 28 October 2002, 05:20 PM
Barnaby
Scooby Regular

I've taken the pink STi logo's off the front of my type UK and some kind soul pinched the "Type UK" badge off the back.

The car looks more subtle now and I am less nervous about where I park it.