Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True or false - No more Wetter the Better?

Search this Thread

Old 14 September 2001, 07:21 PM
Renrag
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I heard today from a reliable source that Don is no longer allowed access to MIRA.
Tooooooo many accidents I was told. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 14 September 2001, 07:30 PM
SDB
Scooby Regular

Wetter the Better has not been running for months now (must be at least 9 months).

I don't think it was anything to do with accidents, more the general health and safety restrictions that were being applied at the time.

Don still does coaching and I think can still get you there on a 1-1 basis, but it's obviously quite expensive.

Cheers

Simon
Old 14 September 2001, 07:44 PM
Renrag
Scooby Regular

Sorry Simon but that doesn't quite ring true. There is still coaching allowed at MIRA but not by Wetter the Better.
If as you say it is "safety restrictions" then what, who, how broke them? After all, Don is a businessman and this must have been a blow.
I've seen many times the quote "Driving God" associated with Don Palmer. As you quite rightly point out that this IS A SAFETY issue therefore everyone should be allowed the facts! Yes?
Old 14 September 2001, 09:22 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Yes, what's happened? Is there an alternative? I'd been waiting until I had enough dosh spare to go on "The Wetter The Better" so I too could drive sideways without sh1tting a brick.
Old 14 September 2001, 10:01 PM
PaulFisher
Scooby Regular

Last I heard he was not able to run the course at MIRA, but was able to run it at Bruntingthorpe (Who have just added a new proper bit of track!)

Paul.
Old 15 September 2001, 12:02 PM
SDB
Scooby Regular

I have absolutely no affiliation with Don Palmer so would have no reason to lie...

"wetter the better" was a course for up to 9 or so people. The restrictions that were imposed by health and safety meant that this format could not work.

It was then tried with running 2 people in the morning and 2 in the afternoon (at a higher rate obviously), but that could not run properly without breaking the H&S rules either.

As I said, I think you can still go there with Don on a 1-1 basis and I know he's trained there over the last few months so he has not been banned or anything.

Why not contact Don directly on don@drivingdevelopment.co.uk and get it all directly from the horses mouth.

Cheers

Simon