Sponsored by:

Urgent : opinions requested !!

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2002, 08:22 PM
TSP1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all,

Ok, this is my problem. Subaru have just dropped the price of the 4 door WRX to £18995. I'd like to buy the car at a local dealer. The issue is that I know a new model with a revised front end is being released early next year. I could order one from an internet based company and receive it next year. However, the price will be similar to the new knock down price of £18995. So what's the problem ?? well I could;

1. Order the current model from a uk dealer, get it for £18995 ( plus discount ) with the alarm etc already installed, it will be a uk car, with uk servicing intervals, and a uk warranty. Also, they will take my ageing 16v as px; or

2. Order from an internet based company ie keyring cars, wait 4 to 5 months delivery, do the alarm myself, servicing will be at different intervals, warrenty might be different, and then sell my current car privatly.

Some guy told me that when you get round to selling your car as a px later, many dealers give you a lower price if your car isn't a true uk car. Is that true ??? If so, that's another thing against option 1 above.

So, what would you guys do ???

Thanks,

Taz.
Old 23 October 2002, 08:43 PM
tuffer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just done this very thing...

Saw the price drop and decided to go for it. Got the WRX for £19250 on the road, traded in my Golf GTi for £7.5, could have gone to an importer but couldnt be arsed to chase about plus you know you will get stung (even more) come trade in. If you are going for a straight cash sale and plan on keeping the car long term I would probably go for the import and save a further £3k.