Anyone with a MY95 WRX about on Sat AM?

Search this Thread

Old 07 September 2001, 09:07 AM
POC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi all,

I have been wondering if my MY95 WRX is running at full capacity (c.260bhp)?

Is there anyone with a similar car in the Hemel Hempstead area that would come a do a quick comparison for me? ie: Drive my car and let me know if it is about the same, then a quick spin in yours to show?

This is not an opportunity for non-scooby owning joyriders to take a quick spin!

I shall be having a boost gauge fitted in the near future (would hope to get it done this weekend, but do not know of a supplier or fitter in the local area), hopefuly this should show me if the turbo is behaving itself.

Cheers

Paul
Old 07 September 2001, 09:53 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Smile

If you don't mind spending a little money then get it on a rolling road and get it checked out. If there is a problem then the mechanics should be able to locate it for you. Power Engineering are'nt far away from you - I'm sure they can fit gauges as well

I've got a 95WRX and had always wondered what the real bhp was. 260PS on 100RON fuel works out to around 250 bhp on SUL IMO. So any figures around that mark would be good
Just remember that rolling road figures are never accurate but the shape of the graphs on the printout will tell you if the car is running well

Justin

Sorry not about on Sat but should be at the Surrey meet on Sunday - see Southern section.
Old 07 September 2001, 01:21 PM
ZAZ
Scooby Regular

Smile

I've also got a 95WRX which I took to PowerEngineering. They gave it a run on the rolling road and it came out at 254bhp (260PS) and 227 torque. This was running on SUL with no octaine boost!

I'd recommend taking your car there, they have the equipment to query the car to find out whether it has had any problems so if there is anything wrong they should be able to tell you about it if not fix it!
Old 07 September 2001, 09:42 PM
Leigh
Scooby Regular

Cool

Just a few figures from my 95 WRX for comparison.
272bhp/235Ibs ft @ Well lane turbo centre
Blitz induction kit, scoobysport downpipe, FGK exhaust system, running 97 ron petrol + millers octane boost. Get yours checked on a rolling road if it doesn't feel very quick, 'cos mine sure does!