Sponsored by:

Imagine my surprise...

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2001, 05:21 PM
dholmes
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

I'm travelling down the A605 just cleared all the 45mph lorries, blast thru the services roundabout on the approach to the A1M roundabout. Hard on the brakes and select 2nd gear to go around to leave at the 3rd exit.

As I round the first bend of the motorway roundabout I am forced to violently brake and then swerve to avoid a lovely old lady coming in the opposite direction ( i.e. round the wrong way ) in her lovely red Peugeot 206.

I only just avoided a head-on collision by the smallest of margins.

Do you know the funny thing; the look of disgust that came to her face when I had the indignity to disturb her daydream with the sound of my Imprezas horn.

Anyone had any similar experiences?
Old 29 August 2001, 05:31 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by dholmes:
<B> Do you know the funny thing; the look of disgust that came to her face when I had the indignity to disturb her daydream with the sound of my Imprezas horn.[/quote]

Yes, ISTR the standard Impreza horn does sound pretty disgusting

BJH
Old 29 August 2001, 05:41 PM
AlexM
Scooby Regular

Yes...

I had a very similar experience on the Oxford ring road - I nearly met an old dear head on at a combined speed of 150mph having just rounded a bend between the A40 and Summertown roundabouts...

Pretty scary!! this obviously isn't as rare as I previously thought!.

Cheers,

Alex
Old 29 August 2001, 06:12 PM
SiCotty
Scooby Regular

Happens to me all the time at work, people can not be bothered to drive the whole way round the roundabout so go the wrong way to save those vital seconds off thier journey.

Si
Old 29 August 2001, 08:14 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Red face

I've had it as well. Felt mine was quite an impressive one. Followed a bloke home from Camberley one day and to say that his driving was erratic was putting it mildly! Climbed the kerb and slammed on the anchors at one point almost giving me a good slap, then proceeds to drive the wrong way around the Ravenswood Roundabout above the M3. This is a 2 lane BLIND (fenced/wooded) roundabout!
I gunned it around the correct way
to see what the hell was doing, but he missed causing any carnage! Followed him as far as I was going, took his number and phoned the rozzers. They couldn't have been any less interested if they tried! Couldn't be bothered as it was my word against him. Bet if I had told them that I once did 36 in a 30, they would bring me in and interview me!

You do see some funny old **** on the roads!

Nick.