Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Facelift STI and PPP in this months EVO mag.

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2002, 09:51 AM
nathan burrell
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO have a full page spread on the 2003 STI in this months edition, I will not judge the new shape until I see it in the flesh later this month at the motor show but it does look aggressive. I have had my STI Type UK since June and already the ******** at Subaru are bringing out a major facelift version in Feb !! The facelifts on the older models were only very minor by adding a couple of extra vents on the bonnet or changing the seats and after a few years the dashboard was changed, this did not effect re-sale values too much and kept everything in line.

I sold my WRX for the STI after a year and got taken up the **** for it and now I find myself debating whether to do it again.

Why do they do it, there is no consideration for their current customers, Subaru seem to be hell bent on bringing out new models/versions so that nutters like us go out and throw more money at them. Because the changes are so major the re-sale values seem to drop further on the previous years model.

Do you think they should bring out new versions every year ? or wait a couple of year to allow the customer to run in and enjoy the current model before having to consider changing to the latest version to avoid lower re-sale values etc, I would be interested to see fellow owners views.

Good to see that they are addig 10 BHP to the standard WRX as it does need it. The write up on the STI PPP looks excellent, Prodrives figures 0-60 is 4.6 sec., but EVO reckon it it could be quicker which I have to agree as Autocars time on the standard STI UK to 60 mph is 4.8 secs.

The 0-100 goes from 13.7 on the standard to 12.3 on the PPP !!!

What do you do ???!!!!!
Old 04 October 2002, 10:03 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every manufacturer has to update their range, particularly when the range is being so badly taken up in Europe as the WRX reportedly was. Worldwide sales of the bugeye were good, but that's because they've opened up new markets, particularly the US.

The rumour was rife for MONTHS that there was a new facelift coming.

Personally, if I wanted the MY03 model, I'd tell subaru to return my deposit (all deposits are refundable unless explicitly stated that they are non-refundable, and that may be illegal in certain instances - check with the CAB if you have troubles) and put me down for the new model.

I also think that Subaru should be congratulated for bringing out a design that addresses the criticisms of their bugeye. Admittedly, this isn't the best news for bugeye owners... But when were cars assets as opposed to depreciating liabilities?

Nick.