Utter Imbeciles

Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2002, 08:11 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMHO

Pauleds
You really bit on that one, excuse the **** takers. Bit of a sweeping statement although some people seem a bit touchy on the subject. I got more grief from middle aged blokes in Passats, Mercs and 5 series BM's than yoofs, suppose it depends where you live/drive.

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 10/4/2002 8:14:08 AM]
Old 10 April 2002, 11:18 AM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

Wink

Pauleds,

Don't let peoples comments get you down, I've has the p@ss taken out of me on the board an AWFUL lot over 1 post I put up. Since then I've realised not to take ANYTHING said on scoobynet too seriously. I now only use it to gain INFORMATIVE information and not to be spoken to by some infant or infirm (sometimes even both) supposed scooby lover.

I like you are passionate about my car and agree whole heartedly with your comments. Living near(ish) to leeds I see your point.

No doubt when we and the other like minded guys (and girls?) meet we'll have many when I was a lad stories?

Once again don't let em get you down, you can also take note from the fact that they haven't even botherd to try to reply but just hid behind a psydonym? on Scoobynet.

Cheers hope to see ya soon

Hawkeye

(Edited for incredibubly bad grammer and spielling!!!!!!!!)

[Edited by hawkeye - 10/4/2002 11:22:23 AM]
Old 03 October 2002, 07:45 PM
Pauleds
Scooby Regular

Angry

There appears to be an increasing breed of idiot who gets hold of the Impreza.This kind of idiot is capitalising on the fact that the older models are unfortunately becoming more available for very little money.We appear to be getting an increased number of utter imbeciles with no insurance,no driving licence,no driving skills and just no regard for the car or other road users at all.Their cars go unserviced and un cared for and they give the Impreza driver a poor reputation with the Police and the general public.We will never stamp these low life brain donors out but we need to guard against becoming branded with the same reputation as these utter cretins.Where i work the general consensus is that is you drive an Impreza then you are a drug dealer with enough money to afford a (poorly maintained) car that the Police are unable and unwilling to pursue.Lifes are risked on a daily basis both of the drivers(who society is better off without) and innocent members of the public.(potential members of our families).What do members in other areas think???
Old 03 October 2002, 08:04 PM
wilf
Scooby Regular

wanna buy some charlie?
Old 03 October 2002, 08:11 PM
goober
Scooby Regular

Wilf, I'll race you for couple of grams?
Old 03 October 2002, 08:34 PM
RaZe-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

I think Leeds is a horrible place for drivers. Some bits are OK, yeah, but the town centre is a nightmare of roadworks and nasty horrible mis-leading and poorly signed roads. You never enter and leave Leeds the same way...EVER! You ALWAYS get lost going out.

Apart from that I agree I suppose, but I cant say Ive ever seen any cap wearing ********* in a Scoob in Hull that I can remember.

And no..I dont wear a cap
Old 03 October 2002, 08:35 PM
lpitt
Scooby Regular

Talking

Unfortunately, this is the way it had to go eventually and I think everyone realises that.

Consider...every 18 year old wants the fastest car they can get, the dream car for most is an Impreza.

A brand new Impreza was about 20k to buy, every year these devalue.

Short of crushing them at four years old there's no way you can stop an 18 year old from buying one on an 'M' plate with 100k on it. Thing is, because it's their first car they don't look after it properly and because it's flippin' quick they drive it like a loony (remember how quick you perceived a moped to be at 16?)

Of course the other problem is rich kids. I live in a fairly affluent area and in my road there's:

1. A 20 year old with a TVR Chimera which he got for his birthday (on an 'S' plate)
2. An 18 year old with an Impreza RB5 WRSport.

In both these cases the car is incured in 'Daddys' name so that they can afford it!

It really ticks me off as well!!

What we should do is to lobby the government so that they actually introduce restrictions for young drivers. I'm quite sure that some u-25 year olds are responsible and mature but the majority seem not to be. All we need is to have 'age' groups for cars (forget engine size/bhp restrictions etc as they can never work). As well as being a Group 17 for insurance the Scooby would be an O25 for age meaning that no-one under 25 can legally drive it.

Laurence
Old 03 October 2002, 08:46 PM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

Ipitt,

I'd agree with you on some counts, especially about certain cars not being for the "novice" driver but i's say 25 was a bit drastic. All my cars since i was about 23 have been high insurance group cars (which i paid for myself). I haven't crashed any of them or caused any accidents and i have a clean license. I'd say it was a bit unfair to say than younger folk shouldn't be allowed to drive a car that they've worked for themselves especially if they're going to use it responsibly.

I reckon a better idea would be to do the same as is done with bike tests... if under 21 you have to ride a smaller bike for 2 years till you can move up to the big bikes. I think the same would work for cars. Another thing to add to it would be that any motoring offenses/crashes etc would count against your time qualifying for faster cars. If would force younger driver who aspire to own scoobs and the such like to drive with a bit more care.

Old 03 October 2002, 08:48 PM
Pauleds
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

To Wilf,Goober and Raize,
Please get a life you **** takers.please realised why your premiums are so high.If you like drugs then OK.Just dont brand me or the other responsible Scooby owners with your seedy and ill thought out replies.I post on here cos i like to think its read by some responsible fast car loving enthusiasts.But if it is mainly posted by the drug dealing idiots i'm talking about then i'll pack it in.
What do the moderators think?
Old 03 October 2002, 08:55 PM
Pauleds
Scooby Regular

Raze what are you talking about????
Anyboby can get lost in any city.
Your point has no credible input on the issue.I'm not just talking about Leeds. This is evident in every City in the UK.
Are you a poor owner who likes his "tosser" image more than his prolonged usage of a truly awesome car destined for classic status?
Old 03 October 2002, 08:59 PM
Flyboy-F33
Scooby Regular

Talking

I sense a godd scrap coming on!
Old 03 October 2002, 09:03 PM
Pauleds
Scooby Regular

Talking

Well i sound like a tit but i'm only passionate about the damn things.lol
Old 03 October 2002, 09:14 PM
D Noble
Scooby Regular

Pauleds,i think the three musketeers are taking the urine

regards
dave
Old 03 October 2002, 09:57 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Pauleds, I'm an owner of an older Scooby. I'm very happy with it, especially as I picked it up for £6500. Sorry I got into your exclusive club for so cheap, but tough.

Personally, I haven't seen anyone in a Scoob that fits the description you give and personally I'm sick of people making the assumption that people who buy "cheap" or "old" Scoobs are boy racer types.

And before you start on your "poor" diatribe, I have a £22k Lexus plus a motorbike etc.
Old 03 October 2002, 10:19 PM
Active
Scooby Regular

Oh Err....And in the left corner! Must admit I like the idea of a probationary period, It does seem (IMO) rarther odd that you can pass your test in a low powered driving school vehicle then obtain a vehicle capable of speeds in excess of 140 mph without the experience to go with it.
Bob
Old 03 October 2002, 10:37 PM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

Cool

Notorious, you got the car so cheap so you MUST be a moron. It's the law, it has been scientifically proven, it has been on Tomorrow's World

Just as all us "ancient" Impreza owners were all intelligent, sensitive, great drivers, have sex every night etc ...

Erm... or maybe not

Paul, not taking the ****, I'm sure there may be more muppets out there by now (bandwagon effect anyone), seems kinda logical, but it's got nothing to do with money.
Old 03 October 2002, 11:20 PM
Mr evolution
Scooby Regular

Pauleds=wind up merchant + dick head
Old 03 October 2002, 11:57 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Ok.......for a start young drivers who aquire 6 points or more in their first 2 years must re-sit their test! This was not around when I was younger (I'm now 25) and although my licence is clean (never had any points touch wood) if this had been in place after I had passed I would have been seriously worried considering the cost to pass your test and how much of an event it is at the time. Also we all know how easy it could be to rack up 6 points in this day and age (sounding old now) of speed cameras and very low tolerance. If this is not some form of incentive to consider your actions when driving @ an often young and certainly inexperianced age then I don't know what is.....imagine if we were all subject to the same rule!!

What we should do is to lobby the government so that they actually introduce restrictions for young drivers
see above

Pauleds, I understand your comments about the cheaper more available car becoming available to people who are less likely to take care of their car due to it's cost and age. I've seen many pictures of crashed scoobs and I'm sure we will see many more. I would draw a similar comparison with what happened to the 205 GTi 1.9........a car that I would consider to be on a level if not more so with the Impreza in terms of being a "classic" When I had mine it was very similar to the scoob scene now. They were cars owned and cherished by enthusiasts. Now you can pick up a 1.9 Gti for £500 (although it will be a v poor example). young lads in the main will buy these and insure them third party. they will then wrap them round a lamp post and all the other 205 Gti drivers suffer. The Impreza will go the same way due to its own success.. I believe this was your point but I think you made it sound slightly snobish

I've had a couple of beers before typing this so if any of it is compleate bollox you know why
Old 04 October 2002, 12:02 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pauleds=wind up merchant + dick head
Erm No!

I met him with p20spd for a pint last night.. and its something we were talking about over a pint or two.. (or three in my case )

I think what he is asking is: do you have the other sort of impreza driver around where you live that see's the car as a fast erm getaway car.. not as something youve worked towards...

I know a few people around leeds.. some nice, some I wouldnt even turn my back on.. There are about 5 impreza's floating around leeds.. put it this way.. they aint car enthusiasts.. and I would be carefull where I parked my Impreza when they are around...

Either way Leeds has em..

Paul.. Dont take it personally.. theres a lot of young people that post on here me included (22) that cant really afford to spend 12,000 + on a car.. but we can have the car we've dreamed of for the same price as a second hand vectra.. which would you rather have.. A lot of people will defend the fact that they paid less than 6000 for there car and they have a nice fast car for **** all money... Me included.. mines a 94'

Eitherway people give him a break and think about what he is saying..

David
Old 04 October 2002, 12:05 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Wink

I knew David would get a beer mention in there somewhere
Old 04 October 2002, 12:29 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
lol.. dont see you coming out on any of our drinking nights

Mind you havent heard from rum since

David
Old 04 October 2002, 01:06 AM
akshay67
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

just wait 'til Max Power gets hold of these people!
Old 04 October 2002, 02:02 AM
Claudius
Scooby Regular

There appears to be an increasing breed of idiot who gets hold of the Impreza.This kind of idiot is capitalising on the fact that the older models are unfortunately becoming more available for very little money.We appear to be getting an increased number of utter imbeciles with no insurance,no driving licence,no driving skills and just no regard for the car or other road users at all.Their cars go unserviced and un cared for and they give the Impreza driver a poor reputation with the Police and the general public.We will never stamp these low life brain donors out but we need to guard against becoming branded with the same reputation as these utter cretins.Where i work the general consensus is that is you drive an Impreza then you are a drug dealer with enough money to afford a (poorly maintained) car that the Police are unable and unwilling to pursue.Lifes are risked on a daily basis both of the drivers(who society is better off without) and innocent members of the public.(potential members of our families).What do members in other areas think???
Hi,

I'm in France, and it is just like you say, imbeciles, cretins, *********, 18 year olds, etc.

I am being told you can contact this bunch of boy racers on www.scoobynet.co.uk

But dont expect any serious technical debate, just random threads like "I followed an M3", "girlfriend - advice, please", "Optimax top trump cards", "EBC brakes" and the like....
Old 04 October 2002, 04:57 AM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Smile

Ok if you read it correctly and think about it Paul has some valid points in his post. Granted it was slightly stereotypical, but just read it again and dont assume its you. Try and think of any other scoobs around your area and the characters that drive them!
Old 04 October 2002, 08:48 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Wink

lol @ claudius.. You have to excuse him though as he drives an evo and thinks the Daddy..

David
Old 04 October 2002, 09:12 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Wink

I think I agree with Claudius...... well, there's a first time for everything!
Old 04 October 2002, 10:00 AM
scunnered
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I have an early WRX import. I paid 8k for mine. I also have two bikes which I paid 17k between them. I'm also 44 years old so I don't think I fit the profile as a young baseball cap wearing drug dealer. I am not as you say a low life brain donor, nor am I a cretin. I'm also so enthusiastic about my car that I'm selling one of my bikes to pay for a few mods. So i have to say that I felt a little bit offended when I started reading this. Sure I could easily have a new one if I hadn't bought the bikes. The early model was all I could afford at the time. So please think before posting this rubbish. You are probably talking about a very low percentage of Impreza owners that its not worth even mentioning it.
Old 04 October 2002, 10:02 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Maybe its just leeds ???
Old 04 October 2002, 10:47 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Yup. On my way in this morning I saw a P1. Nothing unusual in that.

No doubt considers self an elite driver cos he has some money to spend or a company to fund it. Some others see it as a "Wally" car. On the road down to the roundabout at Owlcoats from Bradford he drove setting a fine example. Over the speed limit, tailgating and vavoom accelerating with last minute lane swapping. All no doubt legitimate in his eyes, but other road users don't see it that way in work traffic. If you are reading this, don't bother trying to justify it, there's no point. I'm just telling you how you look to others. No, not a super driver of an elite car, just a nobber in an accident waiting to happen. Sorry mate.

So it isn't just cheap unmaintained cars driven by oafs in a dangerous fashion, it's across the board I'm afraid. How many clowns have been reported on assorted Scooby "runs"? Think about it. There is no need to close ranks and defend poor driving or arrogance and bad manners.
Old 04 October 2002, 10:58 AM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Sadly, there more than just a grain of truth in the original post, although I haven't come across any in my neck of the woods.

I think you'll find that a similar thing happened to the fast Fords. I had a couple myself years ago, but they were driven by a different type of person, and it was only when they became older and more affordable to young drivers that they achieved the status so roundly ridiculed and abused by many on this BBS.

Josh

Quick Reply: Utter Imbeciles