Sponsored by:

MEGUIARS WAX ANY USERS ?

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2002, 10:37 AM
markd
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

hi all..has any 1 used the above products if so what results ..i am thinking of my self the body scrub which says it has mild abrasives in it a bit worried about that.the other product is gold class liquid any feed back appreciated..mark
Old 01 October 2002, 10:42 AM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Talking

I have used it in the past and it's not bad at all. Would still recommend Swissol / Wax Wizard though. Easier to use and lasts longer.
Mossman
Old 01 October 2002, 10:52 AM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Yep,I've used it and it's Fantastic value for money.In the past I've always used Autoglym but this stuff is excellent.I spoke to Meguiars customer service on the phone and they recommended the Body Scrub,Gold Class polish/wax and I also bought extra application pads and a tub of Scratch-X.It came to less than £35 delivered to my door.The guy at Meguiars told me the Gold Class brings out a really deep glossy shine and I was sceptical at first.After using it though,he's 100% right!!!
There was a thread recently in Styling that I contributed to and also put up some pics after polishing the car in my garage.The pics simply DO NOT do it justice though.A silky smooth finish with a TOP shine!!!!
Never used the Wax Wizard stuff so can't comment on it but this stuff is a fraction of the price and realistically,can it get any better than the results of Meguiars? Plus then there's the extra outlay for the Wax Wizard stuff!!!

Good luck

Nick
Old 01 October 2002, 11:04 AM
markd
Scooby Regular

hi nick..what about the body scrub it has mild abrasives in it any probs with it..mark
Old 01 October 2002, 11:05 AM
brooks
Scooby Regular

I have just bought some Meguiars stuff over the net. Came quicky. I bought Gold Class car shampoo, deep crystal paint cleaner and clear coat body scrub. Compared with Wax Wizard it smells very synthetic. I can not tell you how well it works as I have not used it yet. Seemed very reasonably priced though.
Old 01 October 2002, 11:07 AM
EvoRSX
Scooby Regular

Hi,
Used the body scrub and gold class wax on my Evo without any problems at all. Even with a white car, the shine still shows through. Very impressed and it's a bargain considering the price of it all.

Andy
Old 01 October 2002, 11:09 AM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Nope,no probs Mark!!
Meguiars told me to use it to remove surface contaminants and remnants of old car polish etc before applying their Gold Class polish.It just rubbed on and then straight off after which I applied the Gold class straight away!!
Did you see the pics I took on the other thread?
Lemme know if you need any more info?

Cheers

Nick

Old 01 October 2002, 04:24 PM
markd
Scooby Regular

any more users.......
Old 01 October 2002, 04:48 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

Mark

Recently bought brand new scoob in Sept (WR Blue mica) have used the body scrub.

As with all scrubs, shampoos etc contain abrasives (even dusters do). This doesn't mean it will scratch your car.

No worries m8 all the posts you have read are genuine, all their products are great and i will lend my name to them aswell

Their products are cheaper than wax wizards also

Pete
Old 01 October 2002, 08:26 PM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use the 3 stage system, but substitute the wax for the Gold Class Wax. Also use the Gold Class Shampoo, and the Detailer with the Clay Bar. Agree that it's good value and I'm happy with the results. Wax leaves no powder when you buff it off, the shampoo smells great, and the clay bar is excellent. I also like the Extra Gloss Protection by Autoglym.
Old 01 October 2002, 10:27 PM
moresauce
Scooby Regular

Hi,
As you know I mainly hang out on the Audi Forum now, but still have my Scooby roots! There is a guy who is a huge contributor to the forums over there and he does an great deal on all Meguiars stuff by simply charging you the RRP and giving you P&P free, very useful if like me your nearest stockist is miles away!! So you get them exactly the same price as buying from Meguiars webstie put save the 99p per item P&P charge!
He also has the below items in large containers for heavy users

Wheel cleaner £20.29
Quik detailer £19.12
Wash & wax - not gold class £16.53
Glass cleaner concentrate, makes 50 gallons £15.86

His email is Bushy@audi-sport.net and he has sold over £1500 of stuff already so is very trustworthy

Thought this may be of interest to you guys