STOLEN FROM JAPAN OR NOT????

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2001, 08:15 PM
Sniffy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Please can someone shed some light on an
urgent matter. I have an STI for sale, a potential buyer had informed me of the fact many Jap import cars within this country have been stolen from Japan. Watchdog did a program on this subject and produced a website. It sugested going to a Subaru dealer, getting them to do an inspection on the car and then sending the inspection off to Japan (subaru) so it could be determined whether the car has indeed been stolen from Japan. Subaru are now saying the report will not reveal whether the car has been stolen or not, only that the car has been manufactured in Japan, what colour it is etc etc. I spoke to the Police about the matter and they do not think it is possible for the Police to determine whether it has been stolen from Japan either. Who can tell me whether my car has been stolen from Japan?
Until I find this out the potential buyer of my car will not buy my car.
N.B The Police said perhaps I could speak to someone at the Japanese Embassy!!!!!

Help please.
Old 23 August 2001, 08:24 PM
Luke
BANNED

Sniffy
was under the impression that it was the uk police who could tell you..... The programe showed how they had pulled up top spec imports .they then checked them on the spot and gave the bad news there and then. Try contacting a local traffic (police) centre.

Good luck

Ps ,"Hope you cold gets better"!!
Old 23 August 2001, 11:07 PM
gadge
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

crap program they pullde a skyline and showed us them opening the bonnet and there was a scooby boxer 4 under the hood . in my opinion it was just trying to scare us away from Jap imports vary car imported car that has came into the UK in the last 14 months has had an Interpol check on it . your local D>V>L>A office can help you with this.