Geodesy reduces Treasury income….

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2001, 03:11 PM
PhilH
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Well it did last night!

On my way home late last night with the family after a few days on the south coast. Travelling on largely traffic free but unfamiliar A roads, one with approx. 2 mile straight (national speed limit) between roundabouts with no access roads. I came across a car doing 50mph and it was completely clear so overtook safely and swiftly. Very shortly after the manoeuvre my Geodesy (which had been quiet for days) started to bleep and gave me plenty of time to ensure I was within the national speed limit. I’m not sure what the Gatso was doing halfway down a 2 mile straight with no access roads (obviously an accident blackspot!!!!!) but I’m pleased that I recently swapped my Bel Radar Detector (which bleeped at every opportunity) for a Geodesy. Interestingly (for me) we came to a village shortly afterwards and there was another Gatso waiting for us (I had already slowed to the speed limit anyway), but I found that the reassurance of the Geodesy meant that I could concentrate more on the driving and less on the cameras. In the end, I enjoyed the driving and the Treasury missed out on a few quid!

NB I’m nothing to do with Morpheous who supply Geodesy – just a pleased punter.
Old 22 August 2001, 04:51 PM
JasonHook
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm lloking forward to getting mine, hopefully this week if Networkx got their delivery.

Interested in the comment you make about the machine allowing you to spend more time concentrating on your driving. I find now that I spend a fair amount of time flicking between my speedo and the road, can't be good.

Jason