Is the UK STI WRX a rumour or not i
have heard it will be available in
toward the end of october.
Old 21 August 2001, 06:25 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its reality

my dealer saysjan/feb before it hits the uk.

he had no real details of it.

gues its gonna be close to 30k ? given price of import ones ?

steve
Old 21 August 2001, 06:29 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

30K is WAAAY too high for the Sti Version IMHO. Should be around the 25-26K mark.

An Import M3 is only 2K more, the rover 75 v8 375Bhp car is going to be around that too.
IMHO Subaru will be on a hiding to nothing at that price. If they can't shift MY01's at 21K easily, then they'll never shift the Sti at 30K.
Esp when reportedly the power is going to be down on the Jap versions because of emisisions.

[This message has been edited by Neil Smalley (edited 21 August 2001).]
Old 21 August 2001, 07:11 PM
LitchfieldImports
Former Sponsor

Smile

Production of the UK/Euro spec. starts in October and should hit the Offical dealers showrooms in Jan/Feb. Some places will get it a bit earlier

I would be VERY suprised if Subaru sell the STI for £30k, £27-28K is probably more like it. The car has not sold very well as a "Grey import" especially compared to the EVO 7.

The only advantage Subaru UK can offer over the Offical EVO 7 in January will be price.

Iain
Old 21 August 2001, 07:55 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

i agree neil but we all know subaru.

look at the uk300 - imho way overpriced. with the ppp its 26.5k so surely STi is going to a good few pounds premium ?

wots an import STi cost - £29,995 from one well known importer up north and a couple others dont put prices on their sites !!!

so i cant see subaru will sell it cheaper than an importer is charging ?

u can get evo 7 import cheaper, unless u go to ralliart who want £29,995. wot is an 'official' evo 7 gonna cost in jan / feb ? no one can tell me yet nor can mitsi uk send me a brochure !!

i want to see/know the price and 'benefits' of an official uk evo 7 b4 i commit to an import although at least dealers service them without an issue.

steve

[This message has been edited by Steve Perriam (edited 21 August 2001).]
Old 21 August 2001, 09:11 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by iainlit:
<B>I would be VERY suprised if Subaru sell the STI for £30k, £27-28K is probably more like it. The car has not sold very well as a "Grey import" especially compared to the EVO 7.[/quote]

I'd be surprised if it <I>sells</I> at £30k. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if Subaru <I>tries</I> to sell it at that price.

One thing's for sure, it won't be any cheaper than the imports - they'll argue that it's worth more because it has official backing, spares, warranty and so on, which is fair enough. But for £30k I'd buy the (by all accounts much quicker, and certainly less ugly) Evo VII.

STI VII for the same £25k-ish as an imported STI VI - now <B>that</B> would be more interesting...

Andy.
Old 22 August 2001, 07:57 AM
Orville
Scooby Regular

If Subaru wants to compete the the Evo7 and forthcoming Focus Cosworth it will have to cost several grand short of 30. Also remember that a standard WRX withh PPP is only 23k (less still if EU import) and gives much more low down torque. If they sell at 27k, they will shift loads, if the try 30-31k they'll shift like P1's .

Sorry about the lack of pound signs but I'm Austria, using a German keyboard which doesn't have them.
Old 22 August 2001, 09:04 AM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Red face

There is some pretty biased crap on this thread, so I'll add to it.

One reason the EVO VII is selling more than the STI at the moment is Mitsubishi's attitude to Grey imports. Buy a £30k and sorry I dont want to get it serviced at a backstreet garage no matter how good the reputation. If I have a warranty issue, I want to deal with IM not some crap warranty company. I think a few people learned the hard way on Brand New Grey Import STI's inc myself. (thats not to say the STI is not a great car, and with the second hand prices of STI V's a bargin).

EVO VII better than STI VII. Well that argument could go on forever. The UK300 was recently voted a better car than the EVO VII in one mag, so what will a UK STI do to it. My local Subaru dealer is also a Mitsubishi dealer. Ask them how many P1's they sold compared to EVO VI's. I think that shows you where the real market is.

Why buy a Grey import STI when you can buy the much better looking UK300 with PPP for a lot less ?

When the UK STI hits it will probably look better than the Grey STI with decent headlights, rear wing, alloys etc. My guess with PPP will be £29,995. £28,500 with 260bhp and 250lbft.

Grey import EVO VII with Titanium turbo are hardly cheap, add Mitsubishi UK's mark up, and why should IM sell cheaper than them. They will after all have a far superior car.

Yours totally biased.

Jonathan
Old 22 August 2001, 04:36 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I would hope the STi is circa 26-28K, as unlike the P1 and UK300, what you get is what its built with originally, so nothing needs to be removed.. the P1 & UK300 have suffered price wise, because they have add-on bits which as meant swaping out parts originally supplied with the cars.. if you get my drift.. not sure i do.. urrrghhh..
Old 22 August 2001, 04:59 PM
Paul Olson
Scooby Newbie

Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Chins:
<B>There is some pretty biased crap on this thread, so I'll add to it.

[/quote]

Somebody asked on another thread whether IM monitor this board or not. I think we have our answer, along with their first posting

No doubt IM will not sell the STI as a vanilla STI but will bugger about with it by adding £200 of tasteless 'goodies' to it, but will charge us £2000 extra for the privelidge.

The dealers will then get them as demonstrators and sell them at a discount because of the higher commission on demonstrators.

We can then expect to see a letter in Autocar telling us how demand has outstripped supply.
Old 22 August 2001, 05:01 PM
ScoobySnack
Scooby Regular

And we haven't even spoke about residuals on your old car yet, have we..........

Remember when a good reason for buying a Scooby was that it did not lose so much as other cars in its first 3 years.......

So the new car will most likey be overpriced and your old one not make as much when you sell it privately. I exclude dealers from this as their trade in's are a little bit of a laugh at the moment

J