Sponsored by:

Side protection strips on P1

Search this Thread

Old 29 September 2002, 09:33 AM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Have bought some side protection strips to fend off the drooling car park fools of Wiltshire but am undecided about getting them painted.
First off, does anyone have any pics of them fitted on a P1 unpainted please?
Secondly, my dealer suggested it would all be very difficult as they'd have to be fitted then sprayed in situ as they were too flexible to spray then fit.....

Anybody got any experience of this? Been through Search found a few opinions but no pics....

Ta
Old 29 September 2002, 10:06 AM
CharliePsycho
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had them sprayed off car then fitted by the body shop (whilst I watched). Cost about £20 to have done.

You don't need to flex them to fit them, and anyway you have to use a plastisised paint. They come with two strips of double sided adhesive on the back, you peel off one backing and turn the corner of the other over, then gently offer it up checking the line/fit; once satisfied press on firmly and check agin... then grab the corner of the other backing and pull it sideways from under the strip. Press it all down and your done.

It looks very good, adds another subaru badge and fits the car well.

I have to get one done again now though as somebody opened a door hard into the car. Strip took all the damage - nothing on the car (thank god)... alll I have to do is get one of the strips sprayed...
Old 29 September 2002, 04:33 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got mine fitted to my p1 as itwas getting knocked in car parks,if you have a lot of dents they have to take these out before they can put the strips on as has to be flat .get them paited as i have seen them in black ie unpainted and you will want them painted!!
also ask them to take the subaru emblem off as it looks much nicer
look on p1woc website for pictures of rubbing strips
martin