Idiotic YOUNGER Drivers. -long-

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2002, 08:48 PM
Imprezive
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Why do all younger drivers in their polos, puntos,peugeot etc etc,
you all now what i mean, when your drivin a scooby, why do all these a***hols feel they have something to prove, either to themselves or their just as idiotic mates. This evening coming back
from Criell, minding my own buisness, i glance in the rv, to see a, a peugeot and b,a punto having a bit sport, in itself i dont mind, so i slows a little to let them pass, and not wanting to entice these ***** to race, so they pulls in, in front of me, still no prob, they then proceeded to overtake 3 motors on the bounce, going uphill onto blind crest, IDIOTIC......., the peugeot makes it comfortably, the punto going 1 on 1 wi car coming over hill, horns lights, lots of sweary words and a fair old bit of swerving.....CAUSED BY IDIOTIC YOUNG DRIVERS,
I had wife and 2 KIDS in my motor, so sure wasnt driving like a ****, but i know his car, an if i see him again without my kids being there, well, surly some other scooby drivers also had ***** like these , In all honesty, the 3 or 4 scoobs i saw today were being driven sensibly it apeared. Told you it was long winded. sorry.
Cheers,
b.
Old 28 September 2002, 09:09 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

OK, so these drivers were behaving recklessly. Have you never driven stupidly? Ever? Not even when you were young? They're going through a learning process, same as we all did. As you get older, you gain more skills and stop being such a **** behind the wheel.

If you see him again, how about you have a chat with him about his actions rather than threatening him? He might tell you to **** off, or he might take 5% of what you say on board and learn from it.
Old 28 September 2002, 09:21 PM
Imprezive
Scooby Regular

Yep, sure have done many a silly thing on the road, but i.ve never nearly taken a couple of families and 4 cars out of the game due to my stupidity, so i cant condone it. and yes i have written a good few cars off down to my lack of driving experiance, and poor judgement when younger,
but isnt a part or the highwaycode NOT to overtake in the afformentioned post because of what nearly was????.

cheers
b
Old 29 September 2002, 12:35 AM
Davey P
Scooby Regular

Just remember they are not all like it
Old 29 September 2002, 02:14 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yup, i used to drive like a *****, but i have never
i have written a good few cars off down to my lack of driving experiance, and poor judgement when younger
sounds to me like you are a kettle calling the pot black! Get over it!
Old 29 September 2002, 11:06 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Ever get the feeling you've bitten off more than you can chew

I think you have to take a little account of the event these youths are returning from. You've just been to Crail and seen shed loads of nice fast cars. You can still smell the optimax in your nostrils and being young your particularly excited by the prospect of playing with a similarly specced car on the way home. I remember on my way to Crail and I didn't hang about (didn't do anything stupid though) but it is easy to get sucked in by such motoring events and do things you maybe wouldn't do otherwise. At least you and your family are ok, that's the main thing