Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Legacy B4 RSK

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2001, 09:32 PM
Lion
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm considering the purchase of an MY2001 Legacy B4 RSK instead of something German.

Is there anything I should look out for (other than the obvious speed cameras ), or any current owners out there who can give an honest critique of the highs and lows of ownership ?

All input greatly appreciated
Old 20 August 2001, 10:03 PM
AJbaseBloke
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Good choice - great all around package, the balance of poise and pace should keep you smiling.

The down side is really that you can't do many simple mods to them to upgrade power etc. without risking some reliability issues. The engine is not from the STi and is not as able to cope with raised boost for example (yeah, some people get away with it, but many don't).

The AFS is weak unless you get a D revision (ie. the new one), so check that the aircleaner is standard and has not been changed out for some "high flow" jobby that may have damaged it (a common prob).

Make sure it is stock in the exhaust department, too (and try to check that it never had its centre pipe removed). A good muffler can be a worthwhile investment, but too much flow can hurt things too (like turbos ).

Well, the bits you can have fun with are mostly in the handling department - anti-roll bars and end links etc etc.

Pay a visit here: