Sponsored by:

Is it me?

Search this Thread

Old 16 August 2001, 04:34 PM
CELL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I have had my 96 uk turbo for approx 2 months, on my way home from work last night i began to think it wasnt quite as fast as it was when i first got it.

I saw a thread a couple of days ago about re setting the ECU but that pointed towards people who had used standard UL. The guy who i bought it off said he ran it on SUL, so i have continued to do that.

I think and hope its because i have got used to it and the power doesnt seem as awesome as it did at first.

Anyone else had these thoughts or have any suggestions?

If this has already been asked, thousand apologies in advance. Take pity on me i am new here
Old 16 August 2001, 04:40 PM
Web Guru
Scooby Regular

I find that! Mybe your just getting used to it? what do your passengers think?
Old 16 August 2001, 04:53 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Smile

This is just what I thought at first. When you get used to the car it does seem to be slower that when you first drove it. However, I let me brother have a go one day and you get a very different feeling in the passenger seat. Felt a lot quicker. I guess it's because when you're driving you know what to expect and so it does not come as any surprise. When you're a passenger though, you can still get that unexpected acceleration which highlights just have quick the car still is..