Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stickers on paintwork

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2002, 08:23 AM
Stuart J
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going on the Cannonball run in a couple of weeks & we have to put various sponsors stickers on the cars, some quite large. I am having some some key marks taken out of the car next week so the paintwork will be new. It probably wont matter but does anybody have any experience of stickers on cars & how to make them easily removable. I have been told by one person that a thin film of Vaseline on the paint before you put the stickers on is a good idea, aparently this is recomended with some GB stickers. I have also been told its not a problem provided you warm them with a hair dryer before you remove them. I intent having the Wax Wizzard treatment before I go so this will help.

Stuart
Old 21 September 2002, 08:55 AM
turb0s
Scooby Regular

i am a manager of a sign shop and do vehicle graphics all the time.

sometime if a vehicle has just come from the dealers (highly waxed up) the stickers dont like to stick as its too smooth but this is mainly vinyl letters.

if wot u is sticking is just larger one piece stickers there should be a large enuff area for adhesion.

as for vaseline, i have not heard of this so cannot comment on this.

as for just having bit painted and the paint coming off with the stickers, in the past when removing vinyls sometimes the paint has been pulled off on some crap cheap paint jobs.

if u r having the stickers made up i would recommend u ask for them to be done on a cheap 1yr vinyl or removable vinyl.

hope this is of some help and good luck with the race.

p.s. alternative is to stick em in the windows!!!!!
Old 23 September 2002, 03:00 PM
scoobyslut
Scooby Regular

If you use a heat gun to warm them up, prior to attempting removal, you should have no problems, dont attempt any form of "vaseline" prior to fitting, or they will simply fall off and not stick at all, you can however use soapy water to apply easily and get no creases or wrinkles, helps to remove afterwards, as they wont be on that long, by the sounds of it.
Old 23 September 2002, 04:28 PM
Stuart J
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies
Stuart