Wax wizard before body treatment???

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2001, 12:29 AM
Rob Mo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Any suggestions please....

just got marks wizard of wax starter kit, desperate to use it, but I have to have the first year bodywork warranty overspray thing in the next month or so.!

So the question is, should I, can I use Marks stuff first, or how long after the dealer treatment should I wait befor I use it...(not to mention that I havent got a clue what the dealers process is !)

thanks in advance ...rob
Old 07 August 2001, 01:06 PM
MartinM
Scooby Regular

Rob

The first year body work warranty overspray thing is actually under the car (and maybe inside some box sections and the doors) only.

So do the car with WoW stuff so it sparkles, then take it to the garage and say your paranoid about how it looks, so they'd better do a brilliant job underneath to match the top
Old 07 August 2001, 01:08 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Cool

Basically the dealer body service is the spraying of Waxoyl into all the body cavities of the car (Doors, boot, bonnet, wings etc). This is obviously pretty messy and when I got my car back although they had tried to clean most of it up there was still wax on the rear wings and all over the front wheels.

I would personally do it after as you can give the car a good clean and the clense is excellent for getting rid of any rogue waxoyl on the bodywork.

Word of warning the car will have a strange smell afterwards for a week or so!!

If you are paranoid about how the car looks then I would recommend you DON'T let them wash it!!

[This message has been edited by JoeyDeacon (edited 07 August 2001).]
Old 08 August 2001, 08:34 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

WoW it before - any mess will wash off far easier. Then given it another go afterwards.

Once you have WoW'd it - don't let any dealer/car wash etc wash your car - you will need to use Detergent free to keep it in pristine condition and car washes/dealers don't
Old 08 August 2001, 04:55 PM
Rob Mo
Scooby Regular

Smile

Cheers guys,

right, think (if the rain holds off) that tonight is the night, specially as it's halfway house tommorrow......

think i'll do the whole thing now, and get the bodywax thing at the end of September( within the 30 day limit), and conveniently about a months pay packet later than the insurance, scoobysport service, tax....need i go on...

thanks again for the info / reccomends...

rob