Sponsored by:

What do I do?

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2002, 12:55 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

A few weeks ago I left work and it was wet..

I was in a rush and ragged it a little across the carpark..

This guy just ignored me driving across the carpark and just walked out in front of me.. so I had to swerve around him..
Looked in the mirror and there is lots of signalling and obvious announce he is displaying.

Thought nothing more of it and yes I was going a bit quick but not a huge amount over the 10mph speed restriction that everyone ignores but I admit I was probably doing 20.. as it was only a short stretch before a 90 bend etc..

Anyway.. a mate that I work with looks similar to me and was stopped this morning by the guy I had the run in with which my be at least 8weeks ago now.. "Do you drive a Subaru" he says etc..
and he managed to convince the guy he didn't as he doesn't..
Mate has warned me about it.. and said that apparently when I swerved around him I went through a large puddle and he got soaked! hence his annoyance.. now I have stopped laughing about it what do I do?

Do I email the guy as I now know his name and just say sorry?
Or ignore it and wait for the day when he possibly taps me on the shoulder as I am walking to the Scooby?

I will only be using the Scooby to travel to work tomorrow and then not for about a month or so, so I can hide

He is a large chap but I am sure he is not likely to risk the sack by coming to blows about it!

JGM
Old 12 September 2002, 01:02 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Just tell him it was a "car" park and therefore he should have been more careful before stepping out in front of him in bad weather conditions. If it hadn't been for the amazing wet weather capabilities of the Subaru, he might have become a casualty!

If you manage to successfully use that argument and keep your face straight at the same time, you'll earn my respect for ever
Old 12 September 2002, 01:04 PM
swan
Scooby Regular

What's the worst that can happen? You spend a couple of weeks at a place where the girls dress up and bring you food all the time. Granted, initially you may need to eat through a straw.
Old 12 September 2002, 01:05 PM
dnb
Scooby Regular

If I were him, I'd come in to work with a supersoaker...

And have a laugh about the incident afterwards, after all, you didn't hit the guy. But that's just me and my odd sense of humour...

I expect he was annoyed at the time, but it'll wear off. (or wash off )
Old 12 September 2002, 01:05 PM
Toad
Scooby Regular

The blokes probably jealous of your car anyway.Don't say anything and things will settle,if he does confront you appologise and leave it at that.If the bloke has half a brain he won't do anything.

Toad.
Old 12 September 2002, 01:06 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

LOL@Swan..

I was going to send him an email, I wouldn't say it was my fault as it wasn't..

But I was going to say sorry for soaking him etc..

perhaps it is more amusing to leave it..

JGM
Old 12 September 2002, 01:08 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Si - just tell him he should look where he's going, and then tell him to f4ck off cos your going for a dump

DW
Old 12 September 2002, 01:11 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

JGM - Email him, nah!

Sort it out face to face, you did not run him over, you did not know there was a puddle there and did not deliberately soak him, perhaps he should have nbeen a bit more careful, perhaps you could have been

If he had been that mad at the time i am sure he would have found you sooner!

**** me it is only water, not like you 'porked' his missus, you didn't pork his missus did you?

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 9/12/2002 1:17:58 PM]
Old 12 September 2002, 01:18 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

Ha Ha LOL@DW and Paul..

No I didn't pork his misses... I only do my own... Honest Mrs JGM...

He was apparently a bit aggressive with my mate and he knows what I look like and what I drive, but that is it.. I work on the opposite side of a large site and we just use the same carpark..

I would have thought he would have left something on the car if he was really that aggreved about it. I parked in a really obvious place today and there was nothing on it at lunchtime.

My mate is a bit of a windup mechant I think, only worked with him for a few week.. but get that impression so he could have exaggerated a little.. but he didn't know about the incident previous to him telling me so I know the whole thing is not fiction.

I don't like having enemies and being contract cannot afford to have them as next job might hinge on someone knowing me and saying yay or nay... so perhaps I should stay quiet as he doesn't know my name at the moment.

JGM
Old 12 September 2002, 01:19 PM
HELLOM8
Scooby Regular

You could do the Superman thing and fly around the World backwards to turn back time.
Old 12 September 2002, 01:20 PM
Scooby Snacks
Scooby Regular

JGM2 - give me his email address and I'll mail him for you.
I'll tell him that you've had to take some time off work due to the emotional distress he caused you by walking in front of you (how dare he!!)

Oh, I'll also tell the other guy he stopped and quiz is suing him for defamation of character!!
Old 12 September 2002, 01:23 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

I have stopped turning back time now as it always gets me in trouble... I have to make like a tree and go in the end.

Scooby Snacks, his email address is Nigel.Ben@roundone.com

JGM
Old 12 September 2002, 01:32 PM
Scooby Snacks
Scooby Regular

He's no problem - just quote from the Bible and ask him to turn the other cheek!
Old 12 September 2002, 01:33 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

The more I think about this the more comes back to me..

When walking across that part of the carpark when a car comes you stop as he was over to one side when he looked up and clearly saw me coming so I put my foot down so that he wouldn't be standing there for long, so I was being nice..

Except he kept walking.. and didn't stop so I can see why he thought I drove at him.. I then swerved around him and obviously splashed him.. so the more I think about it I am agreved at him..
He nearly marked my paint work!

How much do you think I can get if I sue him?

JGM
Old 12 September 2002, 01:43 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Good job this didnt happen in Germany, they would lock u up for it Pedestrians have right of way everywhere there
Old 12 September 2002, 01:56 PM
Mark Asylum
Scooby Newbie

Gettin drenched in the pooring rain by a car going through a puddle is an ****. Its one of those things that can end up with you thrashing around like a nutter at the guy in the car. Sounds like this guy is a bit of a plank but maybe buy him a cheap little umbrella and say sorry. If you are ever in London, come down to my club and I will give you one of the many left by dried out drunken punters!

Should mention that the clutch has gone in my 4-cam so on foot alot at the mo!

Best of luck
Old 12 September 2002, 02:11 PM
Mildo
Scooby Regular

Now you know why work carparks have a 10 mph speed limit...

Ours is the same, but when you see the way people drive, park and walk it's hardly surprising.

I shouldn't bother emailing him, he'll have forgotten all about it a week or two after he's had a moan to his mates!
Old 12 September 2002, 02:20 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

I shouldn't bother emailing him, he'll have forgotten all about it a week or two after he's had a moan to his mates!
You'd think so wouldn't you but it must be about 8weeks ago now that the incident happened!

JGM
Old 09 December 2002, 01:02 PM
323roy
Scooby Regular

Cool

do nothing ,by confronting him about your innocence shows guilt or fear .
time will pass and the jacket will dry
if not soak him again to make the beating worth wile !

[Edited by 323roy - 9/12/2002 1:03:20 PM]