Sponsored by:

New SPECS on the M62

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2001, 12:13 AM
millband
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Best keep an eye on my end of the M62 too next year - West Yorks police are joining the "keep the fines and screw the motorist" brigade from next April I believe

Steve
Old 30 July 2001, 10:46 AM
ChrisB

Question

Went through the road works twice yesterday on the M62 around Burtonwood services (J7 / J8 IIRC)

To my untrained eye, there were some pairs of blue masts going up alongside the M62 which distinctly looked like they would be for a SPECS system. No cameras on them at present.

Don't go that way that often but one to watch our for perhaps?

ChrisB.
Old 30 July 2001, 06:43 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

Just when you thought that you could spot a SPECS...

See
Old 30 July 2001, 07:43 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Unhappy

I hate to say this, but this continual persecution of the motorist will only end in tears.

Either the reputation of police will be so bad, nobody will cooperate with them(even though they just carry out the policies) OR there will be such a backlash it will make the fuel crisis look like a few beardy's waving home made banners.

Why does everything have to go too far before anything is done? People knew the fuel protests were brewing months before they were staged. Same with this thing.

I've often wondered if the rise of blame culture, Political correctness gone mad and the insidious nature of the popular media is because, as a country we've run out of bad guys.

In the 40's there were the ****'s, the whole country rallied against them. Then there were the Soviets. In my lifetime I really saw the county pull together during the Falklands and Gulf War. Crime dropped right down and people had a cause to fight for.

Now unlike George Orwell's 1984 I'm not saying that we should always be at war, just to keep the population happy. BUT the lack of national focus does seem IMHO to be one of the main causes of society splintering into several selfish self centered do gooding groups.

So don't blame the police, what we need is a good war to bring people back together again

Essay over