Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY03 Impreza - no pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2002, 07:46 PM
Retsyn [i-Dub]
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I understand it, there are actually some performance changes planned as well. (From the I-Club news and rumors forum) The EJ engines are supposed to be replaced by a new series EZ. *Supposedly* the new engine has been tweaked to improve low end torque before the turbo engages. There was also mention of a change to suspension to reduce oversteer (or was it understeer ??)... Take it for what it's worth...

[Edited by Retsyn [i-Dub] - 9/4/2002 7:48:00 PM]
Old 04 September 2002, 10:37 AM
davidmcr
Scooby Newbie

I have searched the board and can't find this information. I apologise in advance if this has been asked before.

Was thinking of buying a new Type UK WRX STI and noticed that there is going to be an announcement at the Paris motorshow re the new 'facelifted' model. Could anyone tell me: -

1. Is it simply a change in the look of the car or is there a more fundamental change to the handling/performance of the car?

2. When will the Type UK WRX STI be avaiable to buy with the facelift. From what I can see, it would appear that the standard WRX will be available from January 2003, no word on the STI version.

Thanks in advance for any information.
Old 04 September 2002, 11:09 AM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Right, where do we start?

There is indeed a facelift being unveiled at the Paris show at the end of the month. That's where the facts stop and speculation begins.

There have been a number of post regarding the '03, including one from an engineer who claimed to have seen the signed off drawings at Prodrive (this post was mysterious deleted inside an hour). These posts, together with the various photoshoped pix, make various claims. However, I think it's fair to say that none of them claim any fundamental engineering changes to the car, simply cosmetic.

These rumours have been enhanced by Subaru's silence, but I think it's fair to say that if these were simply the annual tweaks we would have seen press release pix by now. There's also the matter of Subaru suddenly offering demon finance deals on the WRX. Subaru are not the most generous of manufacturers, and the last time they did this was to clear out the last of the old shape, which of course adds fuel to the rumours.

Finally, the first '03 models will be expected off the boat in November/December as normal, and I understand that the new STi should be available early in the new year. I hope so, as my P1 is due to go next year.

Hope this is of some help.

Josh
Old 04 September 2002, 11:49 AM
davidmcr
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the info Josh - appreciated

David
Old 04 September 2002, 01:44 PM
stel555
Scooby Newbie

No change in Performance nor handling.just exterior changes
Old 04 September 2002, 04:38 PM
X2WRX
Scooby Regular

I'm going to view the car on the 27th Sept before the Paris show opens on the 28th.

Will post pics (if I can get some covertly) on my return on the 28th.

Hope this will satisfy everyones craving for pics

Ian
Old 04 September 2002, 05:27 PM
hedgey
Scooby Regular

Talking

Old 04 September 2002, 06:20 PM
PaulMc
Scooby Regular

Well, if it looks like that, then I wouldn't be too unhappy. Still think it is missing the bonnet vents though
Old 04 September 2002, 06:49 PM
Steve777
Scooby Senior

There were pictures of the new 'facelift' version in Auto Express two or three weeks ago. The only changes that could be seen to the outside are a new bonnet, removal of the bug eyes to a more rounded version of the previous model. The rear lights are now Lexus style. A similar type of rear light can be fitted to the current WRX and can be seen on TSL's website. The bonnet scoop has chnged totally in shape as well. Looks a good revision, just hope it doesn't affect the value of my current UK300 Prodrive WRX. I have looked on auto express's website to see if there are any pictures but couldn't find any
Old 04 September 2002, 07:07 PM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Steve,

The Autoexpress pix were extremely poorly photoshop items, which I beleive their Editor has subsequently described as being based on information from 'insiders'.

That said, the pictures seem to be along the lines of most descriptions. As Autoexpress were the only mag to run accurate pix of the WRX (as opposed to the Autocar pix with the '98 wheels) I suppose they should be forgiven the odd flight of fantasy.

Josh