ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Should i be p1ssed off......

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2002, 06:51 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Yes you should be pi$$ed off, how inept to lock the keys inside your car in the first place, if they have damaged the paintwork then ask for the damage to be repaired. A professional establishment would not have damaged your car ir if they had they would get it sorted or mention it and not leave it for you to spot. Bell them, ask for the Dealer Principal and explain this sorry tale of how their 'Monkey' service department operates.

Q - How did they manage to lock the keys inside in the first place?

Ar$e!

Paul

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 9/3/2002 6:52:23 PM]
Old 09 March 2002, 06:54 PM
wrxmark
Scooby Regular

If you are sure the damage was caused by the entry being effected then photograph the damage and take it back. Go and see the service manager and demand some sort of good faith result. If no joy ask for the dealer principal. Explain exactly what happened and expect a repair or some sort of compensation. I would also drop in that you post on here and other Scooby UK forums.
You may get a result but then they may not care a fig. I hope they will sort you out as if they are a decent Subaru dealer.
Post the outcome anyway.

My Clifford Concept anti hijack feature locks my keys in with the engine running. Flipping nightmare if no spare at home

[Edited by wrxmark - 9/3/2002 6:56:31 PM]
Old 03 September 2002, 06:46 PM
ricco
Scooby Regular

Question

My motor was in at Subaru today for a service and they managed to lock the keys in the car

They had rung up and told me it was ready, so i went off in my lunch hour to pick it up but when i'd finished paying, she went to fetch it and she said the keys were locked in the car

They gave me a lift back to work and said they'd get a new key cut in order to get it open. When they dropped it back off at work there was no spare key so i rang up and she explained that they broke into it instead

There does seem to be a very small scratch by the lock where they must have pushed the lock open with something but i'm not sure what other damage they may have done to the door seals etc.

Am i just being paranoid or should i be pissed off??? If so, what can i do about it??

Old 03 September 2002, 06:56 PM
ricco
Scooby Regular

They managed to lock the keys in becuase i have a clifford alarm which locks itself after a wee while...

I guess i was more pissed off with the fact that they had said they would cut a key but then proceeded to break in!!

i would have much preferred them to do it the first method....
Old 03 September 2002, 07:01 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

I've worked in garages and had to break into cars before, mainly cos the valetor used to knock the door lock button down whilst cleaning the windows

I find it very unlikely that they'll of forced the lock, more likely pulled the top of the window outwards and hooked a rod over the inner handle or hooked the keys out. I'd have a check round all your windows / door shuts and look for damage there.

I do think you have a right to be pissed off, I would be but equally I'm not sure what fair compensation would be? Any damage repaired at their cost obviously..... a free valet, tank of fuel?

One thing to bear in mind though is accidents do happen, I'm sure it wasn't intentional..... I'm sure you have made mistakes in your job?!

Best of luck

Bob
Old 03 September 2002, 07:12 PM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

My Clifford Concept anti hijack feature locks my keys in with the engine running. Flipping nightmare if no spare at home
Mine did this about 4 bloody times, so easy to do though.

How I got round it was to get the bonnet open pulled out a fuse, the engine stopped I plugged it back in a few times and the alarm opened the door. Saved on putting the window through!
Old 03 September 2002, 07:22 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

I locked the keys in my Scooby when I went to look at it at the dealers...

Battery was flat so wouldn't start.. but seemed more like the alarm was cutting in so I pressed the buttom on the key fob.. still wouldn't start so I popped the bonnet to have a look at the engine and was then going to ask them to jump start it etc.. got out and the door locked (although I didn't know at the time) as soon as I lifted the bonnet the alarm went crazy!!!

They broke into it...

Obviously it was my fault and the car was spotless and I still bought it.. but they didn't force the lock and I doubt your dealer would have either.. go in there and mention the damage and ask them to explain how they got in..

JGM