ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

The Scoobysport-Zymol Team

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2000, 12:42 AM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I helped out on the Marie Curie stand at the Bristol Car Show yesterday. We had a very good level of interest in the Challenge for 2000 including a couple of Scoob owners! The entries will almost certainly be over-subscribed & there will be a 35 car limit. The event is held in late September & the challenge is to visit as many Loire Valley Chateaux as possible in 2 days. Last year I won the event with 37 Chateaux. This year, with a larger field I have a lot of competition, but am confident of a good chance of winning again. This year I have a new navigator who speaks fluent French & lived near the Loire Valley for 10 years until very recently. My experience of last year's event should also help a little.

If you like the idea of supporting Marie Curie Cancer Care, or would have liked to go on the trip but can't give the time, why not sponsor my Scoobysport-Zymol team entry?

Thanks to the generosity of Pete at Scoobysport & Mark at Zymol, along with a very generous SIDC member in London, I already have the required £500 of sponsorship for my team entry. The whole point if the event however, is to support Marie Curie nurses. It costs £15 an hour to provide a Marie Curie nurse. So for £5 of sponsorship, you could help to give a desperately ill cancer patient some comfort for 20 minutes.

All sponsors will be listed on my web site (names only - no amounts) unless you ask specifically to be anonymous.

Just as a reminder, all sponsorship money goes directly to Marie Curie nurses. All of my teams' expenses, including ferry, food, fuel & hotels are paid by myself.

Old 06 February 2000, 03:38 PM
DaveW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Nick,

What's the address to send sponsorship money/donations? Plus who do you make cheques out to.

DaveW
Old 06 February 2000, 04:12 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dave

I've answered via email.