ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

How long should it take?

Search this Thread

Old 21 August 2002, 05:08 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I rarely have anything but praise for Subaru and my local dealer however, last Thursday (15th) lunch time the driver side window motor seized on my MY01 5 door.

To date there is not a replacement motor IN THE UK (they said). Subaru dealer says they are searching Europe. (Cue Don Quixote on a donkey calling at all Subaru dealers in turn). There's either one on the parts computer or there isn't right? What's searching Europe mean?

As a warranty item, I don't consider a window motor is a particular mechanical disaster, and I feel a week is a bit much, or am I being churlish and over demanding of SUK?

Anyone out there got, or know where there is, a driver side window motor for an MY01 5 door?

Please notify this board and I'll pass it on to the Subaru dealer to chase up via Subaru UKs parts notwork. (sic.) I need the vehicle back for next week, with a window that closes. (oh and opens too!)
Old 21 August 2002, 05:18 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

So thats how you spell it - Don Quixote

Long time no see BK, hows things? (windows motors aside )

DW
Old 21 August 2002, 05:33 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

There must be loads of those motors sitting inside cars at the same dealership? How about convincing them to use one of those?

Matt
Old 21 August 2002, 05:39 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Window motors aside, fine.

See you on NM7?

I will suggest they either give me an appropriate replacement vehicle (Impreza or Legacy rather than Mazda 121) and perhaps whip a motor out of a new one until they source a replacement.
Old 23 August 2002, 12:30 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Well it's taken a week, and the window motor is on it's way from Germany. (Volkswagen factory I 'spect).

However it will not be here until Tuesday/Wednesday (Monday is bank hol) so Robinson's of Rochdale (Gawd bless 'em) have offered to get it ready for me today so I have it in time for my holiday. They will have to do some extra work taking one out of an existing model, so I think they deserve a big round of thanks and applause. Which they can have when I get it back.

IM however, deserve a heap of manure tipped in their dinner for trying to make their dealers look like tw@t5 by not stocking the simplest parts in the UK. *****.

Germany for an electric window motor. You couldn't make it up............