Sponsored by:

Wax Wizard, some answers needed

Search this Thread

Old 15 July 2001, 02:12 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I am looking at getting a paint finish for my UK300. I had Lacro on my RB5 and i liked this stuff alot because i did'nt need to polish the car, just use a conserver in the wash.

I was wondering if WW was the same sort of thing once you have applied it(i could probably stretch to twice a year)

As i've been offered a deal on the lacro at £120 they are about the same price

thanks in advance
Scott
Old 15 July 2001, 03:47 PM
AdrianM
Scooby Regular

Scott
I had the Lacro job done on mine from new. It was good, but I still found I had to polish it to get anywhere near a decent shine. Bought the WW about three weeks ago and there is definetly a big difference. I cleaned it from new at least fortnightly so it still looked "new'ish" (its now 18mths old) but now it looks even better.Applying it is a piece of ****, but takes a while to get all the detail right.
Personally, I wish I hadn't coughed up for the Lacro in the first place (although it could be the reason why it looks good after 18mths I suppose!!)
Washing after WW takes minutes...
Regards
Adrian
Old 15 July 2001, 06:09 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

Scott
Trying to make it slipperier to keep up with the pimpmobile eh

Seriously, these coatings are a waste of money. They are just an acrylic film type coating and a £5.99 bottle of Autoglym will do the job just as well.

There is so much bull5hit around re car waxes/polishes - such as the claims that WW wax protects against stone chips - well - a stone fired at 50mph against a panel coated with something that is a micron or less thick - I don't think so!

WW stuff is ok, the water blade clay bars and cleanse are good but if you polish your car regularly then for a top coat I do not believe WW wax is any better - certainly not for the money.

These were done with Autoglym.....

I'm not knocking WW wax - I do have some myself - but I shan't use the wax again until my stock of Autoglym is gone.

Old 15 July 2001, 06:21 PM
VKL723
Scooby Regular

Cool

Where do you get WW!
Alot of people seem to use it, I have tried alot of different polishes but with the car being silver I don't realy notice it any different.
VKL
Old 15 July 2001, 06:52 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Wink

But Dave, i've got PPP so surely you would want to make your rather nice looking car a bit faster, not Mine. Anyway i seem to remember keeping up with you yesterday with only 4000 on offer

But on a more serious note i like not having to spend hours polishing a car if a wax will only need washing.

Scott

p.s i like this friendly banter, (hope its friendly)
Old 15 July 2001, 09:53 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

anyone else with some answers, i know there are a load of wax wizarders on here

Scott
Old 15 July 2001, 10:19 PM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Cool

Scott, Mark has developed a new teflon based cleanse thingy.....he waffled on about it to me a few weeks back and it sounded good stuff...he swears its the dogs.

Mail him mate, see what he has at the mo.

Ron
Old 16 July 2001, 07:55 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by RB5SCOTT:
<B>But Dave, i've got PPP so surely you would want to make your rather nice looking car a bit faster, not Mine. Anyway i seem to remember keeping up with you yesterday with only 4000 on offer

But on a more serious note i like not having to spend hours polishing a car if a wax will only need washing.

Scott

p.s i like this friendly banter, (hope its friendly)[/quote]

Scott
Course it's friendly mate

My point was (and I probably didn't make it that clear - post Karting fatigue syndrome... ) that the WW preparation stuff is good, but for applying a top coat (i.e. the wax or polish), WW will probably need doing as frequently as Autoglym, or vice versa, and Autoglym is cheaper and quicker to apply - and IMHO will give as good protection.

Old 16 July 2001, 11:29 AM
gregh
Scooby Regular

..but doesn't Autoglym leave deposits on the plastic if you slip and also polishes off to a fine dust? Neither of which WW Merlin Wax does!

greg
Old 16 July 2001, 02:57 PM
DIGGY
Scooby Regular

Cool

I use mothers carnuba wax £12 a tin used after autoglym, judge for yourself.

I do not believe in spending anymore on cleaning products, all the dirt, flys etc just wash off now. wax it about once every two months...........

Wax also works a treat on the black plastic giving a new look rather than dodgy car show room finish

Old 16 July 2001, 06:51 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks for your replys guys

I am in two minds now, it looks like i will just have to get used to polishing it

Scott