Sorry I haven't joined in the festivities, having too much fun owning a Scoob

MIKEY
Old 04 July 2001, 06:06 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

We are having a meet tonight to celebrate our Independence from the USA

Personally I think the 4th of July should be a National Holiday here. Just imagine still owning that lot

Jonathan

Old 04 July 2001, 06:35 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Wink

You know when you think " OH NO!!!!" just as you press the POST NEW TOPIC button

I feel that I may have started summat here.

MIKEY
Old 04 July 2001, 06:45 PM
matt d
Scooby Regular

Yes, today they drink lots of beer imported from abroad to celebrate the day when us Brits finally decided we'd had enough and got rid of those pesky yanks. Apparently their revisionist historians have interpreted this as us "losing" a "war" of "independence" - quite how they managed to confuse a gentle telling off by England with a major US military victory I have no idea. Then again, they still think they won the Vietnam War so I suppose it should come as no surprise! Anyway, they traditionally celebrate this holiday by, once a year, trying to drink as much as the average brit does on a monday morning. They then find this too much to handle, evacuate their stomachs & bowels, then claim to have had a great time stuffing it to the Brits. This is a bit like England losing to Australia by an innings an 150 runs, then claiming they are better at cricket because someone bowled Shane Warne out. Americans, god bless 'em.
Old 04 July 2001, 07:39 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Wink

Well i like the Yanks a whole lot.

But what have they got going for them?
Low cost cars, low cost fuel, the most beautiful scenery in the world, Variety, friendly people, low taxes, higher disposable income, better customer service, the best steaks anywhere, a more powerful WRX, a freedom of information act, a constitution that protects the individuals rights and on and on and on........

So they cant drink beer and wear funny shorts and eat with the wrong hand, who cares?

John, wearing his red coat and putting 2 fingers up to the west, we should have fought harder.
Old 04 July 2001, 07:45 PM
nmyeti
Scooby Newbie

We are always up for round 2 if you guys are The world is a little on the boring side now anyway.

-Nathan
02 WRX
Albuquerque, NM USA
Old 04 July 2001, 11:05 PM
Leigh
Scooby Regular

Talking

At least in America you can protect your property!
For example:-
1)UK.
Theiving toe-rag breaks into your house, you catch him. Mr Plod duly arrives and arrests you for not making the poor little chappy feel welcome enough. It's society's fault that he had a poor upbringing, thus he was forced into burgling your house.
2)USA
Theiving toe-rag breaks into your house, you catch him, and blow his f***ing no-good head off. Mr Plod duly arrives and congratulates you on 'a mighty fine piece a shootin'!

I know which I'd rather have!

Trending Topics

Old 04 July 2001, 11:51 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Red face

leigh, you have a mighty distorted opinion of the USA mate.

Dont you just love streotyped images.....

Anyway, the Americans didnt kick the English out of the US, the English kicked the English out, there were no Americans till the 5th July.

I think it's time the English kicked the English out of England now too. Why was Guy Fawkes so crap? LOL
Old 05 July 2001, 06:13 AM
nmyeti
Scooby Newbie

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Leigh:
<B>2)USA
Theiving toe-rag breaks into your house, you catch him, and blow his f***ing no-good head off. Mr Plod duly arrives and congratulates you on 'a mighty fine piece a shootin'!

I know which I'd rather have! [/quote]

It really depends on where you are at. Some states have ruled that one can use deadly force to protect their person, and some states (Texas for instance) have ruled that a persons car, and house, etc is part of their person. Makes for an interesting experience for the guy that wants to try and car jack you when YOU pull the gun on him.

Here in New Mexico, you can still wear a gun in plain sight with no problems. They don't want you to try to hide them, but you sure can pack them along with you.

-Nathan
Old 05 July 2001, 09:46 AM
snipes
Scooby Regular

hey i live in america and its full of a bunch of boris idiots ....ugggg....
at a 4th of july parade there were extreme amounts of unjustly overzealous people throwing candy at me.....i was like....ug*throws candy back at them*

over herer it goes like : duh duh muscle cars are the best b/c they can go in straight lines.....really fast

hey can any of you like get someone from the middle east to bump off el presidente over here? just kidding but he is a complete idiot

id rather be robbed in england and walk away with my life than be killed in the US...
in houston(texas) there are more murders in a month than there are in the entire UK in a year

yay! go us...not
Old 05 July 2001, 09:50 AM
snipes
Scooby Regular

hey btw ******(those of you who have been doing this) don't refer to everyone in the US as 'they' and generalize about me.

hey im not like most the rest of the idiots here so don't imply all americans are the same.

ok or do you want me to start generalizing about you guys? i could come up with alot of stuff that im sure is not true for all of you

[This message has been edited by snipes (edited 05 July 2001).]
Old 05 July 2001, 11:47 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Talking

Septic tanks.

Says it all!
Old 05 July 2001, 01:54 PM
Dave P
Scooby Regular

Leigh, guess it depends if you have kids, I know I'd rather my kids went to school without worrying if one of the other kids is going to shoot them.

Snipes, another thing about the yanks, no sense of humour.....we Brits love to generalise about:

Germans, they all steal the best places round the pool

French, lazy and arrogant

Americans, see above plus lots more.

Australians, sheep

New Zealanders, sheep again

Irish, thick

but we take the pi55 out of ourselves as well.... Essex Girl and Essex Boy.

I think the bottom line is we like a good laugh at anyones expense, seldom mean offence and at the end of the day we did have an empire, now even Wales and Scotland don't really want us... but will still settle for our taxes..he he he)

Dave

Old 05 July 2001, 02:49 PM
Dragon
Scooby Regular

I have worked with a bunch of Americans for two years and can confirm 'they' are a bloody good laugh amongst the UK v's US banter - which there is LOADS of!

1x Texan
1x West Virginia
1x Colorado
1x Arkinsaw
1x Seattle
1x DC
1x New Jersey