Sponsored by:

Archive

Search this Thread

Old 08 August 2002, 12:37 AM
Jaay
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
Im the proud new owner of an Sti Ra (Vs2 Ltd) Wow it took seconds to realise what all the fuss was about !!! And im not talking 0-60 either although that too left me all cheshire cat like !!
It was more the all-round drivabilty that impressed me, ride, traction, acceleration, comfort etc, brakes seemed a little underpowered but on the whole 'what a car'. Obviously the novelty stage hasnt worn off yet an im sure that theres a few of you lurking in the back muttering 'wait till the service hits em, that'll knock the smile off quicker than a snapped cambelt'!!
There seems to be quite a lot to learn about these cars, I did a lot of my own servicing on the non turbod cars I had previous, but this does seem like a different ballgame completely. Due to the fact that its an import I know that Parts and servicing can turn this wonderfull car into a 'For sale' advert in the local paper very quickly, so for my first post Id thought id make a wee suggestion.
Although i used to own and play around with several models of the most common car on british roads, I reckon that several of the rules that applied to them could apply to scoobies too. My knowledge is pretty basic but after trawling through the Net looking for info before buying my car I picked up loads of good info. The last forum I was a member of had an archive section that stored permanent info split into sections. Basically it was a collection of the best step by step guides to doing the jobs yourself ie changing suspension, disks,interior upgrades, ecu resets and codes to full turbo conversions Im sure theres a lot of people who dont mind paying the money to the Garages or own UK cars and have an easier job getting them maintained, I still reckon there would be a large minority who could benifit from such info? Ive just looked at "Today I will be mostly....fitting suspension" thread by Fuzz in the suspension board, top stuff very informative no ****e and pics too, and ive seen plenty more which is exactly what a good archive has.
In this dark age of no 'Haynes Manual' this stuff is like the Holy Grail to the adverage Scooby Newbie plus it keeps the members from repeating the same answers which you will find happens every other week ie 'what does fault code ### mean ??".
Can this be done and does any other folk agree that this would be a good idea??
Ta heaps
Old 08 August 2002, 12:49 AM
Jaay
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any good gen on warranties, what are the usual proceedures for claiming parts, is it always gonna be a fight trying to claim for parts?? Any info would be appreciated