Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airport parking

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2001, 12:39 AM
DeerHunter
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long stay carpark is pretty secure! , I left mine in NCP long stay glasgow for a week when i went to ibiza!!!!!!!

2 things i would suggest.

If you had active tracker fitted (eg tracker monitor) you can notify them that you are away for 2 weeks so if your car uplinks to say it has moved then they will automatically assume it is stolen.

second - tell one of the workers that if the car is still there when you get back you will bring him some duty free back for looking after it!
Old 04 July 2001, 10:39 AM
Mojo
Scooby Regular

Question

Hi,

Can anyone recommend the best place to park for Manchester airport for a couple of weeks?
I'm after decent security for a reasonable price.

Cheers

Mojo
Old 04 July 2001, 10:59 AM
bennetm
Scooby Regular

Question

Or any advice for Gatwick?

Any previous threads on this?

MB

Old 04 July 2001, 11:13 AM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

I'm not sure about Manchester, but for Heathrow/Gatwick I always use purple parking's meet and greet service. It's not the cheapest in the world, but they only drive the car about 4 miles from the terminal, all of which is in a 30mph zone, it's in a guarded compound and there's never been so much as a scratch on either of my Scoobs.

Josh
Old 04 July 2001, 02:03 PM
Greg115
Scooby Regular

Talking

My neighbour parked his car at Manchester in the secure car park. Some guys in balaclavas burst in one night,bonked the security guard on the head and helped themselves to some motors - my neighbours included.

The car park then said it wasnt their fault and wouldnt admit liability.

Eventually my neighbours car was found and returned to him with all damage repaired. Car park did admit liability eventually and paid all his damages/hire car etc.

However not exactly SECURE though!!

PS the security guard was ok and no animals were hurt in the making of this statement.
Old 04 July 2001, 02:04 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Manchester airport is really easy to get to by train.

Why not save the anguish and potential costs of it being damaged and go by train?

They operate till past midnight and go into the terminal.

Wouldn't leave my car unattended to 2 weeks however secure they claim it is!!

Jza
Old 04 July 2001, 06:37 PM
lpitt
Scooby Regular

Nothing to do with Manchester but have you looked at:

Trending Topics

Old 04 July 2001, 07:40 PM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Mojo,

I've used a small outfit run by a guy called Graham Oliver about four times now (once with the Scoob and the rest with my Golf GTI) and have had no probs at all. He is as mad as a hatter (don't tell him I said that) but he seems to take good care of your motor while you're away and does the usual pick-up/drop off routine. He's about 4 minutes from the airport and best of all his premises are patrolled by a very large and very grumpy alsatian. And his prices are very reasonable.
His number is 0161 9802883.

No connection etc.. hope this helps.
Old 04 July 2001, 07:51 PM
Luke
BANNED

I have always found BA to be great. had a major complaint about requested meals not available even though it is on my files as a permenant request. They were great and I can understand that things go wrong now and then. They paid for a great meal for myself and girlfriend and never questioned the bill !!
Full marks to this guy. I would have caused mayhem. Suggestion.If something like this should happen to you Find out where a member of staff drinks ,get chatting Start him/her off in the right direction and see what you can find out.... Record it and use it. Either that or gain access to offices legally talk to them .leave £45.00 "BUG" from "exchange and Mart" listen to what is said after you leave. "WORKS A TREAT"!!Used this once when buying a car. Guy was telling his wife that there was no way I had spotted all sorts of horrible stuff. As i sat in my car down the road "Having a think about the car" listening in on the radio.

[This message has been edited by Luke (edited 04 July 2001).]
Old 04 July 2001, 09:31 PM
Matty B
Scooby Regular

Mojo, m8
I dont leave my scoob at any car park for more than a few hours - even the one down the road in the pub where it was nicked last year (and thanks mr. tracker for finding it!)

There's no better way to rest on hols than to take the easy option - leave it at home, go by taxi or train, cos its cheaper than the car park costs and 99% safer too, just like "Jza" sez

unless you enjoy being like a cat on hot wotsits etc etc

matthew
Old 05 July 2001, 04:25 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs down

Parked at the Renniasance Gatwick.I thought the place I'd parked it was where I'd pick it up from
The day before I came home the ******* moved it to the staff car park under a Lime tree. it got covered with Sap that baked on during the day.
Next time I'm taking the ECU out
Tony