FAO Marko

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2002, 03:47 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Mark

I appreciate the comments and point you were trying to make and indeed it's a fair one.

However, for Rich and family scoobynet has been a source of great comfort to them and today of all days is not a time to rock the boat.

Mail Rich and get his permission to post things like this. When if he says yes I have a copy of the thread which can be put back up.

When you lose someone the smallest thing can blow up into the biggest deal.

Hope you understand.
Old 07 August 2002, 03:54 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Unhappy

well said
Old 07 August 2002, 03:54 PM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Angry

Fair enough, if you insist. I wasn't trying to cause offence. Quite the opposite, in fact (I mean, "twinkle twinkle little star"?!?!? How sad can you get!)

Perhaps now would be a good time to close the 'sympathy' thread too, perhaps zipping a copy for Rich for when he gets back.

Mark
Old 07 August 2002, 03:58 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Arrow

Mark, i think you are over reacting to this. If you do not agree with the posts you should simply not read them. Everyone has their own opinions regarding reaction to a loss of life. I personally would have liked to have gone to the funeral to pay my respects but was unfortunatly unable to make it.

I agree that some of the comments and things you have read MAY be OTT but it is totally the wrong time to air these views, if at all, especially the tone you used.
Old 07 August 2002, 04:02 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Some threads being intentionally nasty/disrespectful/debating vlaid constitutional issues (delete as you see fit) were left earlier in the year. No-one suggested the queens approval was required to post them then ?

For the record I agreed with Mark's sentiments. I also believe another day might have been better chosen. I did see the Donor card banner which prompted me to check mine. I have also seen the IR banner which i thought was in extremely poor taste.

Deano
Old 07 August 2002, 04:04 PM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

But that's my whole point. Those who knew Nick should have either gone to the funeral, or paid their respects in other ways. Those who didn't should - to put it bluntly - have butted out.

Frankly, reading through the thread Rich Started (15 pages of it) I find many of the comments offensive in the lack of care that's taken with them, and the general thoughts made. If people can't be bothered to spell stuff right, it's an empty gesture to contribute to the thread. Nevertheless, I'm sure Richard will be touched by the interest in his brother.

But as for ignoring the thread, I was very happily doing that until the entire board was mass-spammed with "To the top" posts about the 3pm 'silence'. It was impossible to ignore, so I simply voiced my opinion on the subject - it's a free BBS after all (supposedly). I know for a fact that there are many other people who feel the same way I do, and also consider that the whole thing has got well out of hand....

Old 07 August 2002, 04:06 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

And with that last word i'll close the thread.