Sponsored by:

STI

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2002, 09:34 PM
JKE
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi
I am very very new to this but here goes, I drove a friends STI last week and fell in love with the car,so much so i have brought one from Listers(Good Dealers?),on Sat. I now need as much help off you guys on such items as Insurance,owners club,PPP and all things to do with STI Prodrive PLEASE. I meet a guy called Pete Jackson at Listers(Nice Bloke!) he told me about this web site and told me to try it,Not even sure if i am posting in the right place? Please Help asap
Thanks
Old 04 August 2002, 09:47 PM
X SOOOBY
Scooby Regular

welcome to the best forum there is thats not just scooby forums but the best forum there is

you will find all the information you will ever need on here

see how your posts ad up and before you know it you will be a anorack like the rest of us
Old 04 August 2002, 10:01 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Welcome JKE

I know Pete - nice guy...MAD driver!!!

Firstly, I trust you'll be coming to the meets - the Worcester crew have em quite regularly (probably my turn to arrange the next one )

Secondly, SIDC - join it!!!

Insurance - try Liverpool Victoria (aka Frizell)

Our Worcester lot - a few with STi7s, a 22B (), WRXs, 5dr (modded somewhat - me!!!)

This IS not a forum, it's a way of life!!!D

I've been here for 2 years, made some good mates, and had a bloody good larf too!!!

Just be warned, you'll be quite prone to a VERY infectious disease - MODITE-IS...... your car will not stay standard for long (you've got an STi7!!!! PPP on the way me thinks!!!!)

If you're not too sure - just ask T5NYW (Tony) he's developed an exhaust mod that will LOWER your insurance (amongst other things!!!)

Listers - not a bad dealer. IMHO, tend to be more interested in NEW business than repeat or 2nd customers (me ) On the whole, not bad though.....

Enjoy, and see you at the next meet

Dan (MY95 UK 5dr Turbo, ITG panel, ScoobySport Centre Section, STi Backbox, performance-enhancing dents/scratches )
Old 04 August 2002, 10:07 PM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

JKE, welcome aboard.

What you need to do is to surf this site. It's well organised.

Take time to read the sections that you think relate to you then throw up any questions you then have.

Don't get involved in the PPP debate yet (there are many threads on this subject right here). What I can tell you is that there is little hard evidence in the public domain as to what it will deliver (eventually). There is plenty of speculation though, which broadly runs along the lines of plus 40bhp and plus Y torque at lower revs.

I don't want to lead the witness; however my advice to you would be to drive your car and get used to it for about 6 months, then give some serious thought as to whether you want (or need) the PPP.

Hopefully by the time that happens some board members would have had theirs fitted and you can benefit from their experience (or not, depending on what they have to say about it).

Hope this helps.

WB

PS The ST is a very different drive to the classic scooby so take your time to get used to it BEFORE forming any hard and fast conclusions.
Old 05 August 2002, 09:20 AM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Question

If you're not too sure - just ask T5NYW (Tony) he's developed an exhaust mod that will LOWER your insurance
What's that, an exhaust mod which reduces power?

Matt
Old 05 August 2002, 09:28 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

without steeling his thunder, he can tell the story!!!!