ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Speed Traps

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2001, 10:24 PM
msp1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Driving on the M4 on Friday, rounded a corner and saw a police car on the bridge. As I drew closer I could see he had a laser gun (if that's what they're called) pointed at me. Dooes anyone know the range of these things, I estimate I was 0.5 mile away when I first saw him.
Old 24 June 2001, 10:42 PM
smallfin
Scooby Regular

not sure about the full range,but my brother got done in the same situation the cop chased him and stopped him and he reckoned the gun recorded the distance as well as the speed he was caught at 96.8 mph 1112 meters away which is over half a mile,but if he never stopped you you should be okay
Old 24 June 2001, 11:10 PM
Dick White
Scooby Regular

Sucks dont it

Going into Leeds yesterday, i had a couple of bikers wave me to slow down ( i was doing 70 ish in a national speed limit A road...virtually straight i hasten to add ) ..... so i slowed down,and about 1/2 mile ahead theres this copper, sat in car, pointing laser gun towards me, which was o.k. at this point as i`d slowed down.So i goes past him doing 55, thinking tosser and other such things :/.
Upon entering into the outskirts of Leeds, i then have a great big white van pullout behind me, who then proceeds to accelerate up dehind me ( i never speed in built areas u understand) and then decides to sit about 4 ft off my rear bumber

Now this is *real* annoying, as i`ve just passed a copper trying to get peeps for doing 10mph over the limit on a perfectly wide, clear road, and now i`ve got a tit sat behind me whos prepared to drive at any speed in a built up area purely to get where he`s going on time.... whats worst ffs!!??. and wheres the police?....trying to get the easy target, instead of the dangerous/driving without due care etc. that would mean a court case for them.

Annoyed? .. i was even more so when the van driver bipped his horn at me when i turned into the local police station to vent my grievences (which turned out to be closed at 2pm on a Saturday to make matters even worse!!!)

<B>aagghhhh</B>

Sorry if this has gone off topic, but is it any wonder that moral is at an all time low in the Police when all they can prey is the easy targets???.. damned laser guns.

oh, and B4 you ask i have no points on meh licence either!

Old 24 June 2001, 11:49 PM
Sieze
Scooby Regular

Talking

I told one of my patient's (who is a fast pursuit police driver) that I blew a big end bearing @ 140mph. He frowned to begin with and told me I would eventually get caught (by a camera not a copper). We then talked and he told me his daugher really liked scoobies and asked me if I could take her for a drive in mine! I asked if I would get dimplomatic immunuty if he came with me (all dressed up) but he turned down the ride . The point is, some police are quite human and at the end of the day, the more gatso's there are the less police there are.

Speeding between cameras can be alot of fun. Its when the buggers with the flashing lights chase you that you are in trouble