Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superb wheel repainting after Donnington Redgate gravel trap excursion.

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2001, 05:10 PM
MTR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hello all,
I have posted this on the Wheels section, but thought it may be of general interest.

After a recent Donnington Track evening on the 15th June, and due to some over exuberant driving on my part, resulting in a sideways vist to the Redgate gravel trap I needed to have my rear wheel repainted.
The gravel had pitted it up quite badly.
Now not being the worlds best painter I was a little concerned about the results I may be able to achieve myself.
In steps a friend of mine Mark L on this BBS, who offers to paint the damaged wheel.

I prepared the wheel to his instruction to remove the pitting and flatted down the paintwork to a standard he was happy with, then left the painting in his very capable hands.

He has had experience of spraying cars, before moving into the car and wheel sales business.

The finished job is absolutely wonderful,
and the match to the other wheels is superb.

A great relief, considering my car is only 4 months old!!

He can undertake wheel refurbishment, as well as supply new wheels and tyres, and Subaru accesories, and in car television DVD, playstation and video sytems, as well as selling seconhand cars.
He is a true enthusiast.

His web page is