Help Me Out Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2002, 09:47 PM
iwantone
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Serious dilema:

Dreamt of owning a Scooby and have been dropping hints for a while now,to you know who. Found a 98 WRX with 54k on the clock genuine history. Fitted with an alloy bonnet and it has had a new clutch,brakes and a timing belt 18 months ago. 10k is the asking price. I woould love to see this through and start sleeping again.

The dilema is that our beloved Primera GT has come in at a lower than expected value.And losing a fair bit on it makes the deal a lot tighter than previously thought. If I dont get this right my worldly surroundings my become very hostile.

It is going to be tight and then the insurance.

But is it worth it? Or should I wait a while?

Any advice?

Old 23 July 2002, 09:52 PM
Zero7
Scooby Regular

Why don't you sell the primera GT private? you'll get more money for it... Went to see an Evo 5 today, dealer wanted £18995 and would only offer me £8k for my BMW. If I sold the BMW private I would get £9-£9.5 and I could buy a good Evo5 with cash in my hand (a much stronger bartering postition)for about £15K, you know it makes sense...
Old 23 July 2002, 09:52 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take the misses to see the car,. let her drive it, a lot of women adore these cars, hopefully yours will,be one of them, oh, and just a small point, all wrx's are fitted with ally bonnets as standard!
Ron.
Old 24 July 2002, 09:50 AM
iwantone
Scooby Newbie

Hi,I am the misses of iwantone.I have seen the car ,but not driven it yet.For the past four years all i,ve done is spend out on cars and then to see them only to depreciate so much puts me off spending yet more money.Yes i know its a scooby and one of the ultimate cars to own.I love my GT and would be broken hearted to see it go,owning a scooby is a different class,maybe if i wee to drive it my decsison will be made within minutes,who knows?
The misses.
Old 24 July 2002, 05:40 PM
iwantone
Scooby Newbie

Just got in and seen the above post. She will have to get her own username now.
I`m going to the Jap show on Sunday so I guess I will be better informed on current scooby pricing. With the grief over an insurance policy to cover the car and we are 30 plus with full no claims etc,I can`t believe people are queuing up to buy these cars so it may work to my advantage.

ice