Sponsored by:

Thanks to Mark @ Tyres Nothampton

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2001, 12:57 AM
AndrewW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

After the very negative post about the involvement of Mark and Tyres Northampton at SIDC track days, I though it was my duty to get on here and sing his praises after the track day at Croft yesterday.

What more can I say, Mark is an absolutely top bloke.

He was out at the track at 7 am, before the rest of us had even gotten out of bed, and he did not stop working until 4 in the afternoon, when he finally had a chance to get his lunch.

And then he had to spend the next couple of hours putting people's road wheels back on for the trip home.

An outstanding effort, and there are more than a couple of people who would not have made it home without Mark being there to supply and fit new brakes and/or tyres.

So come on everyone, show your support for a great guy and lets see of this 'Oh oh, I don't want to pay 5 quid to have Mark at the track day' crap

Thanks,

Andrew.
Old 16 June 2001, 02:09 PM
RVeiga
Scooby Regular

Cool

Made my views clear on the original thread

top job
...r
Old 16 June 2001, 02:11 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs up

They always get my vote & IMHO it is worth the £5 just to have them there They always seem to do more than they charge for too

Bearing in mind the cost of these events, it pays to have top-notch support in the form of the SIDC Track Unit. It makes the day run smoother & more enjoyable to know that Mark & his boyz are there to keep you safe & out there

Old 16 June 2001, 04:03 PM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Andrew, I could not agree more!
Mark is superb at what he does. He is invaluable and everyone should show some support

Mossman
Old 16 June 2001, 04:57 PM
TKH
Scooby Regular

Talking

If Mark had not been there my day would have been over before it began i turned up with very shagged S02'S hoping for a dry track this as you all know was not the case which made for an interesting morning session.

And thanks to Mark from TN i got a full set of 4 new S02'S Fitted in under 1/2 an hour not bad out the back of a van i then promptly got back on track and had some serious fun making waves on the tracks numerous lakes so.

Mark a big thankyou top bloke and long may TN continue to support SIDC track days.

Regards

Tim

Old 17 June 2001, 08:38 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

I may be in the minority - but I got crap service from TN at Oulton Park - made kwik fit look competant and then proceeded to rip me off They won't get a second chance

Not having a major go, but don't flame those who don't rate him and thus are not ecstatic at paying even a small premium for someone to attend that they won't use
Old 17 June 2001, 10:46 AM
TKH
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Gary harsh words M8

i hope you never get a puncture at a track day.

Regards

Tim
Old 17 June 2001, 06:01 PM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

Me too but then the 'scooby replacing' 330d is not set to make a track debut and when the Caterham arrives it probably won't be allowed at SIDC track days anyway - either way, TN won't get to touch any car of mine again or get the chance to rip me off a second time

But as I stated, my point was not dissatisfaction with TN, but to remind that there are people to whom the fiver extra levied for track days is not seen as VFM or neccessary
Old 17 June 2001, 07:47 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Gary.
How exactly did they rip you off and why didn't you complain at the time?
Anyway as I've said before, the fiver charge no longer exists so whether or not people think it's good vfm or necessary is irrelevant.
Also, you say 'him' obviously meaning Mark, but Mark wasn't even at Oulton!

Stef.

[This message has been edited by Stef (edited 18 June 2001).]
Old 18 June 2001, 08:19 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Stef:
<B>Gary.
How exactly did they rip you off and why didn't you complain at the time?
Anyway as I've said before, the fiver charge no longer exists so whether or not people think it's good vfm or necessary is irrelevant.
Also, you say 'him' obviously meaning Mark, but Mark wasn't even at Oulton!

Stef.

[This message has been edited by Stef (edited 18 June 2001).][/quote]

Did complain at the time and was told to "**** off" They had already wasted three hours of my time (making me late for my own birthday celebrations ) - I lost time and money, but still nothing done to the car - except a a damaged wheel . If you really want to know what happened then mail me off line.

Oh, and read before throwing sarcasm I didn't say Mark WAS at Oulton
Old 18 June 2001, 06:53 PM
CHIZZER
Scooby Regular

Hi Gary,
I am Mark from Tyres Northampton.I am very sorry that you have a problem with our company.I personally wasn't at Oulton Park,however I do represent the company and I would really appreciate if you would email me with the type of problem you had.
I put alot of time and effort into the track days and if any members of my staff are not representing the company properly then I need to know.
Once again I can only apologise if the service you were given wasn't up to the high standards that I expect,I know you are PI--ed of but please find the time to email me of line so if I have to address a staffing problem then I will.
REGARDS
MARK(TYRES NORTHAMPTON) <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by GaryC:
<B>
Did complain at the time and was told to "**** off" They had already wasted three hours of my time (making me late for my own birthday celebrations ) - I lost time and money, but still nothing done to the car - except a a damaged wheel . If you really want to know what happened then mail me off line.

Oh, and read before throwing sarcasm I didn't say Mark WAS at Oulton [/quote]

Old 18 June 2001, 10:45 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Gary.
Complain to me I mean.
Oh, and you said "Not having a major go, but don't flame those who don't rate him...". This thread is about Mark from TN so I assumed the 'him' was him.

Stef.
Old 19 June 2001, 08:04 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

'Him' was him...but TN isn't 'him'...(although 'he' is TN)...but him..... you know

...and would have complained to you - but you'd gone you were one that was seen whilst I was continuously kept waiting

Mark you have mail.
Old 20 June 2001, 08:08 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

Simon - 'Mailcity' keeps bouncing the email back?
Old 20 June 2001, 11:26 AM
SDB
Scooby Regular

Hi Gary.. was that for me?

I don't know of "mailcity"..

are you using mark.papworth@btinternet.com ?

Cheers

Simon
Old 21 June 2001, 07:54 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

No - a different (and obviously lesser ) Simon - a 'mailcity.com' email address???

If you are out there.......