Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do they do at the 12 month / 15K service

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2001, 08:01 PM
Tal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine has only done 4k since the last service and Main Dealer want 200 quid to service it it got 10K on the clock surely only a oil change / filter is required

Tal MY00 UKSPEC Turbo
Old 20 June 2001, 08:45 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

The cynical answer to you question is: take longer than they say, charge you the earth, scratch your alloys, break your key fob, keep setting you alarm off every 2 mins, and send you away with dangerous tyre pressures, as well as charge you for "fitting" of floor mats! What do you get in return - ****ed off, and a nice little stamp in your service book (after you took it in afterwards to remind them to stamp it), and a car that picks up more damage from the dealer in 1.5 hours than it has got in six months of use. Who knows what they've done under the bonnet if they can't get the tyre pressures within 30% of factory.

There was a recent thread on this and the conclusion seemed to be that it was always the "or sooner" bit - i.e. it all gets done. I hate paying for a service to be done when at least the interim ones could easily be done myself, but I tow the line to get the service book stamped correctly which is really essential with Scoobies.

John MY00 UKSPEC Turbo also. Delighted with it but ****ed off with franchised dealers.
Old 20 June 2001, 11:03 PM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 12 month service includes the bodywork service where they spray loads of lovely thick black underseal on the bottom of your car and cavity wax in all the cavities. Your car then stinks for a month afterwards and you find lots of overspray on the wings and wheels.
It's probably worth getting done (although Pete Lewis will disagree somewhat ) even with a Euro import like mine (its needed for UK spec bodywork warranty) but I probably won't get it done again though.

Other than that the 12 month service is lots of checks and an oil change !