Sponsored by:

A slightly secondhand Photocopier ?

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2001, 08:34 PM
a j riley
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I've just had a bit of a laugh on my favourite B road.

Using the old " Im just popping out to the shops ,love " routine ... you know the one , nice sunny evening , shops 8 miles away , cross country.
Anyway this particular road is an old favourite from my biking days, i could almost drive it blindfold.
tonite it looked like i was going to get a good clear run through the best sequence of bends, when I come up behind Mr Photocopier salesman in his Focus Estate... he clocks me coming up fast in his mirrors and speeds up ... as they do...

No way i was going to get past him , so i keep at a safe distance 1 hand on the wheel and watch his antics from a safe distance..
Brake lights flickering on every few seconds , Rear end wallowing on the bumps as he did his best to see of the Scoob being driven at about 50% of its limits.

He must have taken in all that stuff about "independant blade rear suspension", There again I dont suppose it was designed to cope with the estate version fully loaded with Xeroxs finest.
To cut a long story short I eventually got bored pulled right behind him before turning off, not before giving him the largest YAWN possible.

I think his next cutomer might get abit of a discount !

Hope I havent bored you too much

AJ
Old 20 June 2001, 08:48 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL. Used to have Focus 2.0 before it and me turned over after a tractor incident. (Isn't it great how you can deflect blame by putting it passively?) However, in the dry, with 215 tyres, new springs, dampers and double the power it might have had a chance