Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust upgrade&warranty.

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2001, 05:38 PM
chris p1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iam thinking of upgrading my exhaust to one of the after market jobs the one i have in mind will come straight off the turbo with a decat pipe then straight through to a large back box,could you please tell me if this affects the im warranty in anyway.
Also what sort of power gains could i expect from the decat&larger exhaust with a k&n air filter fitted.
Thanks Chris.
Old 19 June 2001, 07:38 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

For the definitive answer, speak to your dealer. The "gentleman's agreement" used to be that the component immediately adjacent to a non-Subaru standard item would not be covered, though some dealers will let more through and some will be completely unhelpful if your engine failed following a mod.

You will find that your MAF sensor is unwarrantied if you change to a K&N filter, though this brand seems problem free to my knowledge. Fitting a (Scoobysport) downpipe to the P1 is known to work well... Others may work equally well, too. I daresay if you have a problem with overboosting or a turbo problem then you may find yourself on your own.

Speak to your dealer and see what they say is the only way to get a definitive answer.
Old 19 June 2001, 07:45 PM
p1 media
Scooby Regular

Chris

as you are in kent i would strongly reccomend you give Phil at Barretts motorsports a ring, he will tell you all you need to know re warranty etc, my P1 is fitted with many after market products and is still covered by the warranty )

Greg