Sponsored by:

I.Motors whats there major malfunction?

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2001, 06:54 PM
Mezzer
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Hi, a scoobie newbie here, so hi to one an all. First scoob love it, in fact everything is rosie in my scoobie garden, except the politics of "I.M" eg can't get ppp cos of the delay re uk300;plus they are phaffing around re purchase of headlights, with threats of warranty issues if you buy them direct from scoobysport, but no dates when you can buy them from them. Have they always been so useless?
Old 18 June 2001, 07:20 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Mezzer

Glad you like your new Scooby.

On the Headlights. Is that a written statement from IM or just your dealer telling you ?. IM are not in the business of warranting 3rd party products - nor do other manufacturers. If you bought the headlights from Max Power Tuning and they had had them knocked up in the far east by some 12 year olds for a price. Then the headlights due to poor manufacture caused an electrical fire in the car which led to a few thousand pounds worth of damage should IM pay ?. Yes you would buy a quality product from SS, and in time maybe the same one that IM will offer, but it is a non approved product today, and as such should invalidate the parts of the car that it affects.

The PPP is a simple supply problem at the moment. If most of the UK300 are ordered with the PPP, then they will not have enough PPP to fit before delivery if they release them to other MY01 owners. If they run out, then this will stop the delivery of UK300 from Quedgeley. I'm in the same boat as you waiting for my PPP, but IM have been very good at dealing with the problem for me. Hopefully it wont be too much of a wait, but it is worth it

Jonathan