Help please :-)

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2002, 08:12 PM
Razor2001
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi guys,

Will be installing a full turbo back SS exhuast on my JDM STi-7 soon. Anyone got a pic of the engine bay showing exactly where the restrictor is ? Is it hard to change the restrictor, anyone posted a step by step of this ?

Downpipe: How hard is it to remove this and put the new one on and what did you guys use to cut the heat shield (hack saw ?)

I heard that the ITG panel filter is tricky to install properly, anywhere have a step by step on this for the new STi-7's JDM's ?

Finally the 'trick box' for the 02 sensor so CEL does not come on, is this easy top install ? any step by steps out there ?

Big thanks guys, just want to be prepared before I go to the garage as I may be doing most of the work myself.

Cheers,
Ray
Old 18 July 2002, 08:30 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Ray,
have you thought of just lagging your downpipe instead of cutting chuncks out of your heat shield (which i think can stay on if you have the ss d/p ?)
The restrictor is normally (well it is on my MY00 turbo) in one of the pipes going from the boost solenoid, at a T junction, not sure where it is on the STi7 thou but would have thought that there would still be pretty similar in design.

Tony
Old 18 July 2002, 09:20 PM
Razor2001
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HI Tony,

Thx for input.

By lagging do you mean wrapping it in heat resistant cloth ?

Cheers,
Ray