Sponsored by:

Questions about Swissol wax.

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2002, 08:17 PM
DJB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Like many others, I received my part of the group buy of the Samurai starter kit. Certainly very impressed initially but have a few questions.

1. The instructions talk about several different polishing cloths. My kit came with a white, a brown and a light blue terry towel. It also came with a fabric covered sponge (presumably for paint cleanser). There is also a circular wax applicator. I didn't find the Micro-tex cloth mentioned - did anyone get this?

2. I used nearly two thirds of the bottle of cleanser (supposedly enough for 4 applications). Have I used it incorrectly or did others require this amount.

3. How should you wash the car after it has been waxed? Will the shampoo included leave the wax intact or should I just wash with clean water?

4. How do get the Clay bar? I have lots of superficial scratches to remove.

5. Did anyone else get the Water blade?

D.
Old 17 July 2002, 08:57 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

DJB,
1. The instructions talk about several different polishing cloths. My kit came with a white, a brown and a light blue terry towel. It also came with a fabric covered sponge (presumably for paint cleanser). There is also a circular wax applicator. I didn't find the Micro-tex cloth mentioned - did anyone get this?
I think the cloth in question is of a much higher density and comes in a plastic bag. You not got this?
2. I used nearly two thirds of the bottle of cleanser (supposedly enough for 4 applications). Have I used it incorrectly or did others require this amount.
I think you used to much cleanser and not enough elbow power?
3. How should you wash the car after it has been waxed? Will the shampoo included leave the wax intact or should I just wash with clean water?
The shampoo that comes with the kit will not take the Wax off
4. How do get the Clay bar? I have lots of superficial scratches to remove.
I think the cleanser is for removing scratches, I don't think the clay bar will....
5. Did anyone else get the Water blade?
Apparently these are on back order as not enough turned up...

Hopefully Mark can reply more comprehensively....

Matt.

Old 17 July 2002, 09:58 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

Just looking at my kit in preparation 4 giving it a try this weekend & i agree it wood seem the cloth in question comes in a sealable bag & is in my case at least pink
Yes i also wish i had gone for the clay bar although i'm hoping the general waxing process may alleviate many of the scratches
Si
Old 17 July 2002, 10:20 PM
russell hayward
Scooby Regular

A clay bar will exfoliate microscopic contaminants,brake dust,road tar,bug residue, tree sap etc from the paint and leave it feeling silky smooth.

It is not a polish or cutting compound and therefore will not really have any impact on scratches. Use the cleanse for that.

Russ

Old 17 July 2002, 10:25 PM
DJB
Scooby Regular

mutant_matt

It looks like I didn't get the Micro-tex cloth. I only got the blue circular wax applicator (which came in a plastic bag).

D.
Old 17 July 2002, 10:46 PM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't let that put you off getting to work with the wax, with my previous WW kit I used one of the terry towels or a polishing cloth from Halfords,

Andy (extremely shiney blue-black STI)
Old 19 July 2002, 11:52 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
Scooby Regular

Don't be afraid to 'phone Mark & ask these questions. I did & he talked through the whole process.
I didn't get the microtex towel or the aquablade either.
Mark sent me the towell the day I rang & told him. The aquablade will be sent when available.
P.S. the microtex towell I got is pink & in a sealable plastic bag.
Old 23 July 2002, 11:11 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

DJB

In the instructions there is a help line number....why on earth ahve you not called me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As to the cleaner....you have used way too much. me I get 8 cars a small bottle. I have just used a small bottle to prepare the last 8 cars with and have dregs in the bottom.

The shampoo is a natural shampoo and is detergent free ans WILL NOT STRIP WAX!!!!!!!

U need to call me as i dont know who you are if you want the Microtex towel.

Simple really..call the help line...if you dont I cant help. I am continually travelling and have been away for 10 days with one day back at base...I am no mind reader...Please Call ME.