Ooops

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2002, 10:45 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Red face

45K service today so driving PTMW! into work

Down a wide A road near me, over brow of hill in line of traffic, wait 'til oncoming go past and its clear ahead, thought I'd nick a couple of places before 40 limit in 3/4 mile

Pull out & start to floor it, notice cars ahead braking a bit (so gaps reducing) & line of BT lorries 1/2 mile ahead & liltle green flourescent jacket a lot closer, so thought it would be prudent to not complete the manoevre as potentially dangerous & pull back in line...

Pulled back in line & noticed that little green flourescent jacket was plod with a laser As I came up he motioned "Oi! You! Come Here!" so I pulled over.

Got a bollocking Deserved it as I would've been exceeding the speed limit if I had carried on, however safely.

Thing is that he was firm but decent about it, acknowledging the fact that I hadn't been dangerous. Good policing as far as I'm concerned.

Old 17 July 2002, 10:52 AM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Close one Puff.

Old 17 July 2002, 11:04 AM
Moles Dad
Scooby Regular

PTMW, I agree, pity there are not more of our officers with a sensible attitude.

I live in a village, have an officer living across the road, he 'patrols' in a variety of police vehicles, quite often on his 'home patch'.

He has stopped me for my "a bit too small" front number plate, yet there are cars speeding (novas and cavaliers), through the village every day, and yes, the same bloody cars.

Surely his time would be better spent sorting out that issue?

[rant off].
Old 17 July 2002, 11:26 AM
gareth60
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I didn't think the Police were allowed to patrol their home area?? Being known and all that??

Just being picky....
Old 17 July 2002, 11:33 AM
Moles Dad
Scooby Regular

Maybe so, but he does, and he is always popping home for 'a quick one' (cup of tea that is).
Old 17 July 2002, 11:41 AM
yoza
BANNED

Red face

He was finishing an hour later,and going on a three week holiday to St Lucia,which he won in a raffle.
He also had a letter this morning,informing him that a long lost relative had past away leaving him £100000000000000 in her will.
And his partner for this holiday is Kylie Minogue!!!!!
Puff you were a very lucky man!
Later Yoza
PS if it was me.....Id have got 3 points and a fine,as soon as I opened my mouth
Old 17 July 2002, 11:44 AM
Blue
Scooby Regular

Wink

Close one PTMW, but he may have had a problem to do you if he'd have tried. Not speeding, not being dangerous etc. maybe he could have got you for the non standard front driving lights
Old 17 July 2002, 12:20 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

No Yoza, as soon as he saw what you looked like.When you opened your mouth you would have been up in front of the beak for anything else he could think of.

Still laughing

Zippy